+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take Buffalo to send back the passport?

elifkitapci

Jul 20, 2009
Hey;

I just got my letter from Buffalo that my application and medical went through and I should send my passport with 3 pictures to get my PR stamp/card. My company just called me this morning before I got the mail and told me that they were going to send me to Istanbul next Wednesday.
I want to know how long it will take Buffalo to send my passport back with the PR stamped? A week, two weeks or a month?

Thanks

Elif

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is not that fast i heard in some cases that it might take up to 3 months sometimes to get your passport back stamped with the PR visa from Buffalo, i would advise you not to go back to your country at this critical time.

You have 2 choices :

either to try to talk to your employer to explain the situation for him so he might let you stay until you get the PR visa almost 3 months.

OR

to send your passport immediatly to Buffalo and apply to the immigration department inside canada to change your status to a visitor, they will give you almost 6 months as a visitor, so you will have the time to get your passport back stamped with the visa

blackstilleto

Oct 26, 2008
took around 3 weeks for me, and they didnt stamp your passport right away. they send ur passport back with the entry visa and a PR confirmation. After this, u need to either go to the border and get you passport stamped or go the the cic office to get it stamped (you need to make appointment for this).

best way is to go to the border and get it all done there.

hope it helps!