+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW I CAN LIVE IN CANADA

noura

Oct 1, 2008
hi every body,

i am a woman from morocco but after i marry from American man i moved to USA with him, i still not have my green card yet, but i have the permit work . i am a student now in the college and next fall i will start my nursing program. Also i am working in the same school as supplement instruction in biology 111. i want to live in canada and finish my study their but i do not know how i can do it from USA . please if you have any answer contact me in hamal_3akrab@hotmail.com

thanks to every body.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noura said:
hi every body,

i am a woman from morocco but after i marry from American man i moved to USA with him, i still not have my green card yet, but i have the permit work . i am a student now in the college and next fall i will start my nursing program. Also i am working in the same school as supplement instruction in biology 111. i want to live in canada and finish my study their but i do not know how i can do it from USA . please if you have any answer contact me in hamal_3akrab@hotmail.com

thanks to every body.
If you want to study in Canada, you need to get accepted to a university, then apply for study permit, showing that you have enough money to support yourself http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you are married to american and but want to study in canada? america college schools are better than canada. why you came to america if you dont want to live in america? why you want to move to canada? imgrations will get suspicious

C

chithanh119

ya. I also think like joecreosta. You should study at an american college more than move to canada and study there.

PommeDeRoute

Star Member
Feb 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I disagree that American universities are better. I'm a graduate of an American university and I can tell you that US standards are very low at non-Ivy League schools. I sometimes even wonder about the Ivy League after having known some students from those schools.

Anyway, I graduated with a BA and alot of debt and am now working on a second BA here in Canada. In the US, most people think that everyone HAS to get a college degree. Consequently, admission standards are very lenient at all but the very best schools. Once sub-par students are admitted, the institutions and the professors will do anything in their power to keep them there because they bring in money. This leads to dumbed down standards and grade inflation. And you know the irony of it all? Those students can't hack it anyway and wind up dropping out. The whole system cheapens the value of a university degree and cheats the good students out of the rigorous education they deserve.

In Canada, I have noticed that it is much more difficult to get in to a good university. Once the students have been admitted, they are also much more serious about the work and much better able to handle what is thrown at them than in the US. I remember beginning the semester in the US in classes of about 30 students and ending the semester with about half of that number. Here in Canada, we start with about 25 and we end up with about the same number. Most students are also there for every class and are serious about studying.

Honestly, I would tell you to come study in Canada if you are able. In the end, you will wind up with less debt and a much more solid education.

shabegger

Jul 13, 2009
Noura, please don't be insulted by the people answering your question -- it's perfectly normal for Americans to study in Canada. However, it is more expensive, since you have to pay foreign tuition. If you can stay in the United States to study nursing, it will be cheaper, as long as you do it in your state of residence. Also, you have to make sure that you take a 4 year, Bachelor of Nursing Science degree -- Canada will not accept a two-year nursing degree from an American community college.

Look at different Canadian nursing programs, think about where you want to live, what financial help is available -- the biggest challenge to getting an educational visa for Canada is being able to show sufficient funds.

Good luck