+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I get a bookkeeper or accountant job in Canada?

MK2020

Feb 24, 2020
I worked in another country as an accountant for many years. But I am not getting a job in Canada, because companies require Canadian work experience. This has been 6 months. So frustrating:mad:.

My neighbour's friend had the same situation. He took a training course for under $500 and completed it in 3 weeks. He said he learned Canadian accounting, sales taxes, payroll etc directly from accountants. I am not sure about his claim.

The company name is Orakool Consultancy, www.orakool.com and email contact@orakool.com and he took this course https://www.orakool.com/courses/accounting-complete/

If anybody took any course with them or has any suggestion for me would be really grateful.

Reactions: jackan

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I worked in another country as an accountant for many years. But I am not getting a job in Canada, because companies require Canadian work experience. This has been 6 months. So frustrating:mad:.

My neighbour's friend had the same situation. He took a training course for under $500 and completed it in 3 weeks. He said he learned Canadian accounting, sales taxes, payroll etc directly from accountants. I am not sure about his claim.

The company name is Orakool Consultancy, www.orakool.com and email contact@orakool.com and he took this course https://www.orakool.com/courses/accounting-complete/

If anybody took any course with them or has any suggestion for me would be really grateful.
Regardless of what experience and education you have, it will be extremely difficult to get a job in Canada. Employers need a positive LMIA to hire you. The LMIA process is long, has strict requirements and costs $1000, non-refundable even if refused.

MK2020

Feb 24, 2020
Regardless of what experience and education you have, it will be extremely difficult to get a job in Canada. Employers need a positive LMIA to hire you. The LMIA process is long, has strict requirements and costs $1000, non-refundable even if refused.
Thanks. I am already in Canada. Doing some odd jobs to pay bills. I am looking for accounting jobs but have no Canadian work experience. This is why I was wondering if there is any training centre where I can learn accounting and QuickBooks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks. I am already in Canada. Doing some odd jobs to pay bills. I am looking for accounting jobs but have no Canadian work experience. This is why I was wondering if there is any training centre where I can learn accounting and QuickBooks.
If you want to take a course, take it at a public college. That will be far better for your resume than some random training provider that no one has ever heard of.

Reactions: jackan

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ah. As said above, you are far better off taking an actual program from a recognized public college.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you actually a PR? what kind of degree do you have? You should be looking at becoming a CA if you want to be an accountant in Canada.