+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How are Jobs for 3D animators in Canada?

Oct 10, 2019
Hello, guys, I am a 3D animator and i planning to apply for PR to Canada.
I would like to know the market for a 3D animator in Canada and which state is good for that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, guys, I am a 3D animator and i planning to apply for PR to Canada.
I would like to know the market for a 3D animator in Canada and which state is good for that.
Would encourage you to look at the job market to see whether jobs are available before applying for PR. Based on my limited knowledge jobs in the field are in Montreal, Vancouver and and a bit in Toronto. It is a pretty specialized field so I would imagine that jobs don’t come up daily. I would contact people in the industry and ask how hard it is to get a job in the field and what experience you need to have to get an interviews/hired.

Oct 10, 2019
Would encourage you to look at the job market to see whether jobs are available before applying for PR. Based on my limited knowledge jobs in the field are in Montreal, Vancouver and and a bit in Toronto. It is a pretty specialized field so I would imagine that jobs don’t come up daily. I would contact people in the industry and ask how hard it is to get a job in the field and what experience you need to have to get an interviews/hired.
Hi, thank you for the reply,
There seems to be a good amount of demand on the internet for the job right now.
I tried applying from India but i don't get any reply as the form mentions they don't sponsor visas right now due to huge volume of requests.
So I wanted to make sure the reality is the same.
I have one more question if you are ok to answer.
while applying for PR as a family man is it wise to get a PR for self first and later on after a year once i set things and then apply for family or apply for my family the same time I apply?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, thank you for the reply,
There seems to be a good amount of demand on the internet for the job right now.
I tried applying from India but i don't get any reply as the form mentions they don't sponsor visas right now due to huge volume of requests.
So I wanted to make sure the reality is the same.
I have one more question if you are ok to answer.
while applying for PR as a family man is it wise to get a PR for self first and later on after a year once i set things and then apply for family or apply for my family the same time I apply?
You need to apply for your family all at once you have no choice. You can apply with them as non-accompanying but would discourage that if possible. One parent often goes to Canada to see if they can find employment and find a place to stay especially if children are involved. I would be contact animators in Canada and asking them whether your experience and education will likely lead to job opportunities in Canada. Many degrees from abroad are not really recognized. I assume you have a portfolio of work. Use LinkedIn and see who replies. Job postings only give you so much information on the industry.

Oct 10, 2019
You need to apply for your family all at once you have no choice. You can apply with them as non-accompanying but would discourage that if possible. One parent often goes to Canada to see if they can find employment and find a place to stay especially if children are involved. I would be contact animators in Canada and asking them whether your experience and education will likely lead to job opportunities in Canada. Many degrees from abroad are not really recognized. I assume you have a portfolio of work. Use LinkedIn and see who replies. Job postings only give you so much information on the industry.
Will there be any complications if I process my family visa later if yes what kind of complication would I be facing?
I got my Masters from the USA so I hope that part won't be a problem there.
I do see a lot of job offers for my field unfortunatley the application asks if I have the permission to work there.
I shall try to get in touch with animators there to get some personalized information.
Thanks again for the information.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Will there be any complications if I process my family visa later if yes what kind of complication would I be facing?
I got my Masters from the USA so I hope that part won't be a problem there.
I do see a lot of job offers for my field unfortunatley the application asks if I have the permission to work there.
I shall try to get in touch with animators there to get some personalized information.
Thanks again for the information.
You have to apply for your whole family but you put them as non-accompanying. Job offers actual jobs don’t always result in hiring. Do you have experience? Things that make a big difference.

Oct 10, 2019
You have to apply for your whole family but you put them as non-accompanying. Job offers actual jobs don’t always result in hiring. Do you have experience? Things that make a big difference.
Yea i got 6 years of experience working in top companies and projects.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Yea i got 6 years of experience working in top companies and projects.
I work at a VFX company in Vancouver. I would suggest to you to start reaching out to hiring managers at vfx companies to inquire whether they will sponsor your visa. Most vfx companies will only do so if you are a senior artist in your field and can back it up with having worked on big feature films and a great reel.