+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How about the opportunities for someone with 10+ years in e-sourcing & Ariba?

info4sourav

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Hi everyone,

My wife & I,have applied for PR and presently keeping our fingers crossed for a desirable outcome.

In the meantime, I would like to know from you about the chances of getting employment opportunities for me after I land there. Although I know that the process of getting a job is almost the same everywhere,wherein I have to first get interview calls and crack them so as to qualify myself for any position,however any insight into the related fields and current market scenario would help us a lot, to prepare accordingly.

I am professional with 10+ experience in procurement and e-sourcing (Ariba platform),presently working as a consultant in one of the major International brands (at their Indian office). My wife is a teacher in English with an experience of over 5+ years. Both of us have masters (myself being an MBA and Engineer).

How easy/ difficult will it be for us to get calls for new openings,considering the present market scenario in Canada?

How is the market for e-sourcing and Ariba consultants in Canada?

Regards,

Sourav Chakraborty

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I can't help with your profession. However getting a job as a teacher in Canada tends to be quite difficult (there are far more qualified teachers than job openings). Depending on what your wife plans to teach (what level), she may first need to be certified as a teacher in Canada. If she hasn't done so already, she should start looking into what this will take now.

info4sourav

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Thanks!

Can anyone throw some light on the possibilities of getting opportunities in the areas of Sourcing/ Ariba e-Sourcing consultancy etc?

info4sourav

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Any insight into the topic?

How is the prospect of a person having 11+ years experience in Strategic Sourcing and Ariba Spend management?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
info4sourav said:
Any insight into the topic?

How is the prospect of a person having 11+ years experience in Strategic Sourcing and Ariba Spend management?
Canadian experience ? That unfortunately although not helpful tends to be the challenge in job hunting regardless of any foreign experience. Just have to be on the ground in Canada and keep at it until find someone not so narrow minded..

info4sourav

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Thanks for the realistic outlook on the subject. I also understand that it would be a challenge to gain this ''local experience'' ,by securing a job.

Well, are strategic sourcing/ e-sourcing/ Ariba spend management in demand in the Canadian market? I have experience of working with a big ticket MNC which also has got offices at Canada (although I don't have any idea about whether it would be possible to apply jobs internally,unless the field is in demand in Canada).