Passport Req..
21-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-2-2014
LANDED..........
Jun 15, 2014
GOT THE COPR AND PASSPORT BACK ......... fianllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

good luck everyone.. you should be hearing back from them soon

FYI- submitted my passport on Nov 21....

Total time from day 1 - 6 months 13 days

gersonjaijai

Star Member
Jan 17, 2013
sing_tao said:

Congratulations Sing Tao!!!

Finally got some good news from HKVO~~

oasisfairy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
sing_tao said:

Congratulation!

oasisfairy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
gersonjaijai said:

Finally got some good news from HKVO~~
Hi Gersonjaijai,

I am sure you will hear good news very soon. I looking at some spreadsheet organized by Chinese people. Some of HK case was really fast like only 3-4 months, while the other was really bad like more than 6 month or 1 year. Do you know why the difference are so huge?

gersonjaijai

Star Member
Jan 17, 2013
oasisfairy said:
Hi Gersonjaijai,

I am sure you will hear good news very soon. I looking at some spreadsheet organized by Chinese people. Some of HK case was really fast like only 3-4 months, while the other was really bad like more than 6 month or 1 year. Do you know why the difference are so huge?
Thank you oasisfairy!!

Some other nationality passport holders are easier to get approved (my opinion). and I have realized that Hong Kong Visa Office takes more time in processing applicants from southern China, like background check, financial supporting, and immigration intention. However, since November 2013, the Visa Office is quite slowly working on family sponsorship, I guess they need more man power for cutting the "investment immigration" procedure too.

oasisfairy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
gersonjaijai said:
Thank you oasisfairy!!

Some other nationality passport holders are easier to get approved (my opinion). and I have realized that Hong Kong Visa Office takes more time in processing applicants from southern China, like background check, financial supporting, and immigration intention. However, since November 2013, the Visa Office is quite slowly working on family sponsorship, I guess they need more man power for cutting the "investment immigration" procedure too.
I see. Thanks for your patience. Good luck to you! Finger crossed!

ireney

Jun 18, 2013
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
Doc's Request.
27-09-2013
AOR Received.
12-07-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2014
LANDED..........
05-03-2014
sing_tao said:

sing_tao

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2013 (Spouse Sponsorship)
AOR Received.
24-8-2013
File Transfer...
5-9-2013
Med's Done....
27-06-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-2-2014
LANDED..........
Jun 15, 2014
thanks ireney....and thanks everyone that helped me through....

acapeg

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
HONG KONG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2013
Doc's Request.
7-3-2014 police clearance certificate
AOR Received.
8-4-2014
File Transfer...
8-5-2014
Med's Done....
26-10-2013, 18-3-2014 (x-ray)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-9-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-9-2014
LANDED..........
March 2015
Hi guys, for those got the visa already , can u let me know at what stage would you be asked for the police clearance ?

My husband sent the application in end Nov. And we were told that something is missing , so we submitted the whole package again in late Jan ..
And last Sat, my husband got an email asking for my police clearance report ,which I will do tomorrow ...

I read somewhere that you would be asked for the police clearance almost at the last stage before they asked u for visa ... But in my case, in the email ,it says that the application is not in process yet as the police clearance is missing ...
Anyone has any feedback ???? I just want to have an estimation of the timing ...

Thanks !!!

oasisfairy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
acapeg said:
Hi guys, for those got the visa already , can u let me know at what stage would you be asked for the police clearance ?

My husband sent the application in end Nov. And we were told that something is missing , so we submitted the whole package again in late Jan ..
And last Sat, my husband got an email asking for my police clearance report ,which I will do tomorrow ...

I read somewhere that you would be asked for the police clearance almost at the last stage before they asked u for visa ... But in my case, in the email ,it says that the application is not in process yet as the police clearance is missing ...
Anyone has any feedback ???? I just want to have an estimation of the timing ...

Thanks !!!
Hi acapeg,

Is the email asking you for the police clearance from Hongkong visa centre or CIC-mississauga? Did you get an email from HK about AR2 and would you mind sharing it? I have been waiting for IP around a month. HK vo are so slow! Good luck to your application! :) :)

acapeg

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
HONG KONG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2013
Doc's Request.
7-3-2014 police clearance certificate
AOR Received.
8-4-2014
File Transfer...
8-5-2014
Med's Done....
26-10-2013, 18-3-2014 (x-ray)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-9-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-9-2014
LANDED..........
March 2015
oasisfairy said:
Hi acapeg,

Is the email asking you for the police clearance from Hongkong visa centre or CIC-mississauga? Did you get an email from HK about AR2 and would you mind sharing it? I have been waiting for IP around a month. HK vo are so slow! Good luck to your application! :) :)
hi, the email is from CIC- missisauga. ..
I haven't got anything , not even the sponsor approval email !
I was surprised to get the email asking about police clearance, I assumed this should be asked quite at the last stage, before passport was asked.
In my case, I have to complete the X-ray later this month, as when I submitted the application, I was pregnant (just gave birth last week ! ;)) , I was told I should do the x-ray after giving birth for the medicals.

oasisfairy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
acapeg said:
hi, the email is from CIC- missisauga. ..
I haven't got anything , not even the sponsor approval email !
I was surprised to get the email asking about police clearance, I assumed this should be asked quite at the last stage, before passport was asked.
In my case, I have to complete the X-ray later this month, as when I submitted the application, I was pregnant (just gave birth last week ! ;)) , I was told I should do the x-ray after giving birth for the medicals.
Hi acapeg,

Wow, congratulation as being a mom. you must be so released and happy to watch you baby now. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I am also surprised CIC asked you the police clearance at this stage.

I am sure your will have sponsorship approval soon. Good luck to you and everyone stuck with HK visa centre! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

chengcheng168

May 30, 2012
anyone know what is happening with the visa officer because one week ago my wife received her HKSAR Passport and Confirmation of Permanent Residence Document. we don't why the passport has not visa stick on contains pages

thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chengcheng168 said:
anyone know what is happening with the visa officer because one week ago my wife received her HKSAR Passport and Confirmation of Permanent Residence Document. we don't why the passport has not visa stick on contains pages

thanks
The Confirmation of Permanent Resident Document is all she need in order to land in Canada. Bon Voyage!

chengcheng168

May 30, 2012
My wife just received her confirmation of permanent residence Document and HKSAR Passport from visa office, but the passport has NOT any visa stick on the passport contains pages. So does she need a PR visa stick on her Passport for landing?