+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong PCC (From Outside of Hongkong)

crama123

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
Hong Kong PCC
AOR Received.
31-May-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
09-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
05-Mar-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-May-2014
LANDED..........
20-July-2014
Hello,

Hope someone can help. I am yet to receive hong kong pcc request from CPP. But I am hoping I will get it soon when my medicals are done (I am doing my medicals on the 6th of March). So I am in process of gathering information for hong kong pcc. When I look at the hongkong police website I see the following information. But the website do not contain any form. Wondering if I can get all the requested information on a white paper and get it certified by a police officer as stated below. May be someone who already applied for hong kong pcc from overseas can help.

A full set of his or her fingerprints taken and certified by a recognized police or law enforcement agency where he or she presently resides. A full set of fingerprints should include the impression of each of his or her fingers, the plain impression of the four fingers of his or her left and right hand taken simultaneously, and the plain impressions of thumbs. Certification of the fingerprints must clearly state:

i. The name and rank of the person taking the fingerprints

ii. The full name of the police or law enforcement agency with their official chop, and

iii. The date and place taken

Fingerprints submitted that do not clearly show certification are not acceptable. Fingerprints taken by the applicants themselves, a legal representative or private / commercial agency are also unacceptable.

data

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 19, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-02-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
I haven't got Hong kong PPC request either.

But the last time I was there was over 10 years ago and less than 6 months after I turned 18. So my case could be a bit different than yours.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
data said:
I haven't got Hong kong PPC request either.

But the last time I was there was over 10 years ago and less than 6 months after I turned 18. So my case could be a bit different than yours.
You don't need Hong Kong PCC then if you haven't stayed in HK for more than 6 months after you turned 18.

data

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 19, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-02-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Goku said:
You don't need Hong Kong PCC then if you haven't stayed in HK for more than 6 months after you turned 18.
I hope that is the case. But I saw posts in this forum with people saying that the VO can still ask for it.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
data said:
I hope that is the case. But I saw posts in this forum with people saying that the VO can still ask for it.
They can, but mostly they wont because anyone under 18 is considered Minor.

xihy06

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2013
Doc's Request.
10-Mar-2014
AOR Received.
09-Oct-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
Med's Done....
Upfront 01-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
27-May-2014; VO change Req.:28-May; Confirmation Rec.: 12-June
crama123 said:
Hello,

Hope someone can help. I am yet to receive hong kong pcc request from CPP. But I am hoping I will get it soon when my medicals are done (I am doing my medicals on the 6th of March). So I am in process of gathering information for hong kong pcc. When I look at the hongkong police website I see the following information. But the website do not contain any form. Wondering if I can get all the requested information on a white paper and get it certified by a police officer as stated below. May be someone who already applied for hong kong pcc from overseas can help.

A full set of his or her fingerprints taken and certified by a recognized police or law enforcement agency where he or she presently resides. A full set of fingerprints should include the impression of each of his or her fingers, the plain impression of the four fingers of his or her left and right hand taken simultaneously, and the plain impressions of thumbs. Certification of the fingerprints must clearly state:

i. The name and rank of the person taking the fingerprints

ii. The full name of the police or law enforcement agency with their official chop, and

iii. The date and place taken

Fingerprints submitted that do not clearly show certification are not acceptable. Fingerprints taken by the applicants themselves, a legal representative or private / commercial agency are also unacceptable.
Hi Crama, I am in the same boat as you, just got HK PCC request from CIC. Actually on HK police website it is indicated clearly on how to get the PCC from overseas. And in the instructions there are three forms you have to download, print and fill them or fill them online then print them. Then you have to send the forms, CIC letter, your fingerprints taken from a police department, your passport copy and a check to HK Police headquarters in Wan Chai. Then will check your files and then issue the PCC and send it to CIC directly.
See point 5 in the link http://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/11_useful_info/cert_no_crime.html#oversea

Hope that helps.
I am still ongoing of mine now because yet I havent found a department where I can get my fingerprints in Germany....

crama123

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
Hong Kong PCC
AOR Received.
31-May-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
09-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
05-Mar-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-May-2014
LANDED..........
20-July-2014
xihy06 said:
Hi Crama, I am in the same boat as you, just got HK PCC request from CIC. Actually on HK police website it is indicated clearly on how to get the PCC from overseas. And in the instructions there are three forms you have to download, print and fill them or fill them online then print them. Then you have to send the forms, CIC letter, your fingerprints taken from a police department, your passport copy and a check to HK Police headquarters in Wan Chai. Then will check your files and then issue the PCC and send it to CIC directly.
See point 5 in the link http://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/11_useful_info/cert_no_crime.html#oversea

Hope that helps.
I am still ongoing of mine now because yet I havent found a department where I can get my fingerprints in Germany....
Did you get PCC request even before medicals ? I am done with my medicals but did not receive PCC request so far.

And regarding the fingerprints I spoke to inspector at the local police station & he told me that they have a standard fingerprint forms at every station which can be used for finger printing.

xihy06

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2013
Doc's Request.
10-Mar-2014
AOR Received.
09-Oct-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
Med's Done....
Upfront 01-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
27-May-2014; VO change Req.:28-May; Confirmation Rec.: 12-June
crama123 said:
Did you get PCC request even before medicals ? I am done with my medicals but did not receive PCC request so far.

And regarding the fingerprints I spoke to inspector at the local police station & he told me that they have a standard fingerprint forms at every station which can be used for finger printing.
I did upfront medicals and the ecas shows my medical results have been received so I wont expect to receive MR. According to the timeline August applicants started receiving MRs and my PCC request arrived just at the time. I couldnt say which one comes first but dont worry I believe you will get the PCC request soon.

Crossedfingers

Jun 25, 2017
Hi All, I am from India and I need to get PCC from HK POlice.. I have got the request letter from CIC for the same.. Not sure what the process next is. Have confusion regarding the Finger prints and the application forms..can anyone help me in this regard?

sanketpurnima

Star Member
May 28, 2017
Hi All, I am from India and I need to get PCC from HK POlice.. I have got the request letter from CIC for the same.. Not sure what the process next is. Have confusion regarding the Finger prints and the application forms..can anyone help me in this regard?
Hi,
Did you stay there for more than 6 months?
Where are you located, HK, India or canada ?
we are in same boat hence the questions

Mar 4, 2018
My stay in Hong Kong is less that 6 months consecutively. But in the Supporting documents page , CIC is requesting us to submit PCC from HK. Does anyone know why this happens? Does CIC count the number of times a person enter HongKong?