+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home support worker Question

peterparmar

May 8, 2021
I applied for a visitor and got her approved on Home Support Worker approved LMIA and she received her work permit for two years starting May 04 2021..
The ECA report from IQAS recognizes the Diploma equivalent to Three-Year Post Secondary Diploma with a focus in Nursing and Midwifery in Canada
She has extensive Work experience (9.5 years plus) in Nursing with reputed Hospitals but no experience in Canada.
She currently started working looking after a 92 year old lady with health and has mobility issues and cognitive decline.
Can you advise me as to what steams are available for her to get her PR?
All avenues I can see are closed unless she get her 2 years experience in Canada.
Am I missing anything and am I on the right path?

Reactions: kikstaroxy

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Try to check for TR to PR pathway might do as they have for workers in healthcare or essential job.

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
I applied for a visitor and got her approved on Home Support Worker approved LMIA and she received her work permit for two years starting May 04 2021..
The ECA report from IQAS recognizes the Diploma equivalent to Three-Year Post Secondary Diploma with a focus in Nursing and Midwifery in Canada
She has extensive Work experience (9.5 years plus) in Nursing with reputed Hospitals but no experience in Canada.
She currently started working looking after a 92 year old lady with health and has mobility issues and cognitive decline.
All avenues I can see are closed unless she get her 2 years experience in Canada.
Not sure if the experience must be Canadian experience but it must have been in the 3 years prior to applying ... check the eligibility.. she may qualify for the new tr to pr healthcare worker pathway

mrphillipz

Sep 30, 2015

Hey . How long after you apply for the home support worker did you get the two year work permit ?

Wish21

Apr 23, 2021
Can you please let me know how much time ircc took to approve work permit application? I am waiting for my work permit too.