+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***HELP* PR Application: Husband Visa Student in US ***

elve

Nov 19, 2008
Hi All,
I need your help.
We are waiting for my husbands PR application to get approved. They (Buffalo office) started processing his application Jul 7th..soon it will be five months and we have not heard anything back yet. CIC website is stating 'medical results have been received' while the status is 'still in process'..I have tried calling the web info and Buffalo office and no luck..could never get through..I emailed the Buffalo office twice and no response to my questions. We want to be in Canada for holidays and its hard to plan with no response. Does any of you have any experience with Buffalo Office especially on the wait times? Also, once medical results appear on CIC website what is the normal wait time for the status to change to decision made? .. We are sad and frustrated by the inability to get further insight into our case.
We highly appreciate your response.

M

med

i have just read ur case but am sorry cant help dont have any info abt that office but be sure they will contact u i wish u all the best you are gonna make soon .

elve

Nov 19, 2008
Hi Med,
Thank you for the kind wishes. We are praying to GOD this will get approved soon. It is so difficult for families to be apart like this. It is so frustrating when you can not count on your own government for this support. This is our home, our nest, our community where we pay our dues and give to..yet we can not live with our loved ones..furthermore are not able to request any other details regarding our own case.. It makes me angry and sad at the same time...

M

med

i know exactly how u feel Elve because am going in the same experience my wife is away from me and we are still waiting to settle our application forms , but we have faith and we believe that we are gonna make it at the end , never feel frustrated Elve this experience will only make ur love bigger and strong to ur loved ones and soon will be only history , there is no power in the world that can seperate two loved ones and i hope u ll hear from other pals here and guide you to what u should do just be patient the answers will come to u eventually .

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Hi Elve-

Are you living in Canada, while your husband is in the US? If you are in Canada, try going to the federal member of parliament where you are a constituent. They normally have an immigration expert who can directly email the consulate to inquire about the app. If you're not in Canada, a family member where you used to/plan to reside could bring in all the information (names, dates of birth, file #s, key dates in application) to the MP, and see what they could do.

Sometimes a fax is an effective way of getting through to visa offices.

I have not seen a spousal PR application processed in under 6 months at the Buffalo visa office. The CIC website says 80% of cases are processed in 9 months... I think (in my experience) this is accurate.

Getting the medical results doesn't mean it will necessary be approved soon- the thing that takes the longest is for the police report(s) to be examined by the authorities.

I think the closest thing to getting a hint that they might soon be done processing is if you get a letter requesting that the Right of Permanent Residence Fee has been paid- but if you already sent that with your app, you won't get that hint.

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Elve, I noticed on another thread that you didn't send in your marriage certificate.

They WILL eventually request it for sure, having the "Solemnization" or license or whatever won't cut it. Since you really want things to go as quickly as possible, I suggest sending a copy of your marriage certificate to the visa office ASAP. Just quote your name, spouse's name and file number in a letter of explanation. Waiting for them to request it will just slow down processing times further.

elve

Nov 19, 2008
AMB,

THank You so much for your reply.
Hope all is well. Yes I am in Canada, and my husband is in NJ. We are waiting for these papers to get processed since we're so exhausting from being apart and traveling.
-I did email my parlament member however, I haven not heard anything back. I think I should either go to her office directly maybe that will help. Furthermore, I am not sure if I hire a lawyer would help the situation at all.
-Regarding fees, we paid everything when we submitted our applications of sponsorship as well as permanent residence. SO I guess we will not get a clue.
-I will express mail our marriage certificate, thank you letting me know. ..Im hoping we will hear something before holidays.
Thanks again for ur support and advice :)