+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP : Is TOEFL ibt still accepted for Canadian Visa ??

Subinsrk

Mar 15, 2018
Hi,

Im planning to apply pg diploma courses in canada on the basis of my TOEFL ibt scores. Now some people are saying that CGC s not accepting TOEFL scores and IELTS is mandatory...

Note-its not regular TOEFL it's TOEFL ibt.

Plz reply.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Are you applying SDS stream? If so, you need IELTS. Immigration Canada is IELTS and CELPIP not TOEFL for study permits. As for TOEFL, if using it to meet admission requirements check the school’s website for their language requirements.

May 22, 2021
I recently applied and got rejected for my study permit, even though I got into Queen's University for commerce. Since then, during my back and forth conversation with the university on how to approach this issue, I've realized that one of the reasons for my rejection is that the immigration officer is not convinced that my English language ability is up to par. Typically, I'd assume that someone would submit an IELTS or TOEFL score to solve this issue. However, since English is my first language, and I have the academic grades to reflect that, all of my US and Canadian universities waived my requirement for an English language test.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I recently applied and got rejected for my study permit, even though I got into Queen's University for commerce. Since then, during my back and forth conversation with the university on how to approach this issue, I've realized that one of the reasons for my rejection is that the immigration officer is not convinced that my English language ability is up to par. Typically, I'd assume that someone would submit an IELTS or TOEFL score to solve this issue. However, since English is my first language, and I have the academic grades to reflect that, all of my US and Canadian universities waived my requirement for an English language test.
You can’t assume that. What were your reasons for refusal and what do your GCMS notes state.