+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!closed work permit and PR processing, Pregnant

moci925

Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I applied closed work permit on Feb, mine owp wil expired on the end of May, Due to the Covid-19, I think it might be delay. But I'm pregnant and medical card will expired on May, My Due date is Oct. from May to thedateWhen i can get the work permit, if the medical card will cover the fee? I'm not sure When I can get wp, It's hard for me this time.
so stresssful. is ther anybody have the same problem or heard the same problem, and How to solve this. Plz help.thx all.

arkhamdominion

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Hi, did your employer apply for LMIA? The processing times usually vary between 4 to 6 months for this procedure under the normal circumstances. However, You should follow up with your firm's lawyer in that case for the current timelines.

Do you have private insurance with your employer? How it works is that, once your health card expires, you should go on PPR (Provincial Plan Replacement) program from your private insurance. That should cover all the expenses from the very next day your coverage expires.

moci925

Apr 5, 2020
Hi, did your employer apply for LMIA? The processing times usually vary between 4 to 6 months for this procedure under the normal circumstances. However, You should follow up with your firm's lawyer in that case for the current timelines.

Do you have private insurance with your employer? How it works is that, once your health card expires, you should go on PPR (Provincial Plan Replacement) program from your private insurance. That should cover all the expenses from the very next day your coverage expires.
Hi, Thanks for your reply, I have csq and closed work permit in processing. our company have No insurance, so i have No private insurance could cover it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, Thanks for your reply, I have csq and closed work permit in processing. our company have No insurance, so i have No private insurance could cover it.
Does your employer at least have the LMIA? Unfortunately looks like you will have to pay for your pregnancy care for a while.