Help and Suggestion needed

sourabhbhola

Star Member
Mar 8, 2019
Hello all,
I have given ielts 4 times with overall scores of 7.5 with individual bands-
L: 8.5+(2 times 9), R:7.5+( 2 times 8),
S: 7, w:6+( 2 times 6.5)

I have booked one more test on 13 august, and any suggestion will be more than welcomed regarding improving writing score.

The most irritating factor is if score increase by 0.5 band in writing then overall ielts score is same but crs score is having effect of 60 points, which is huge i.e. 406 to 466 :( :(

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Did you try to get your essays evaluated by a professional IELTS examiner? Check where are you going wrong. Sometimes its the approach to answering the questions and other times its the paragraph format. If you deviate from the topic or use an incorrect writing style you may lose marks. There are many factors which can affect your overall writing score.

sourabhbhola

Star Member
Mar 8, 2019
I have infact taken online training from certified trainer and got my essays evaluated from her. In the begining she used to give me 6, 6.5. However, she started giving me 7, 7.5 and even said if i get familiar topic i could get 8.Then only I went ahead and booked the test.
May be in luxury of home, i take 5 minutes extra to proofread and correct, so i should follow stop watch strictly while practising

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
I have infact taken online training from certified trainer and got my essays evaluated from her. In the begining she used to give me 6, 6.5. However, she started giving me 7, 7.5 and even said if i get familiar topic i could get 8.Then only I went ahead and booked the test.
May be in luxury of home, i take 5 minutes extra to proofread and correct, so i should follow stop watch strictly while practising
Make sure that the instructor is an IELTS examiner and not an English course instructor. Try the official ielts test portal for mock tests, if you haven't. IELTS Progress check. Buy 1 or 2 packages, give a complete exam and get evaluated by official ielts examiners. You will also receive their feedback.