+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hello..are there enough jobs for immigrants..?

Astha Malik

Oct 5, 2017
Hello Peeps,

I'm in the process of completing my application and shall be moving to Canada approx in Feb. I hail from India with 7 years if experience in corporate sales.

Not sure when should I start applying and through which all mediums. Can anyone please guide...also is there a possibility to book interviews before landing in Canada with a PR?

Thanking in anticipation..

Best,
Astha

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
well it can of course depend where in Canada you intend to move to, a big city or a small town.

You can search through employment sites such as indeed, monster or Linkedin but would not hold out for many replies until you have landed as a PR as most employers are not that keen unless someone is immediately available.

Immigration as sure you know is simply one big risk as far as employment goes, some people get lucky off the plane others can struggle having to take anything just to survive until something turns up. Canada like any country has unemployment issues so new immigrants should not start out thinking because there is an ongoing immigration program there are loads of jobs to back it up, it will take a lot of work and a lot of disappointments before that job turns up in the end.

Reactions: Astha Malik