+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

He is separated but still waiting for decision on Humanitarian Compassionate....

Julie

Nov 4, 2008
Long story, I will try to make it as clear as possible. My boyfriend applied for PR on Humanitarian grounds in 2001, in 2004 he married a PR lady and updated his info to the CIC office. In 2005, they separated but did not inform CIC in fear of his application being rejected, according to CIC, they are still married. I met him 2 years ago, we have been living together for that long, I am a PR myself. He has not heard from CIC for years now. What can he do? How can I help him, he would like to marry me but he is “married” already. He would like to divorce his ex but how will it sound in the CIC officers? Just, what can I do?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sounds like a case for an immigration lawyer. If you can't afford one, look for the new-comers centre in your area, they might be able to give advice and even hook you up with a free lawyer.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
I don't suppose he has legal temporary status in Canada right now, does he? Things have changed so much since he filed the H&C application back in 2001 - spousal applicants don't even file under H&C anymore! I agree with Leon - he needs to consult with an immigration attorney to find out how he can safely extricate himself from the stalled H&C ap, and get a divorce (not necessarily in that order) - and then marry you (if that's what you're going to do) so you can sponsor him for permanent status under the current IRPA. It's amazing to me that 7 years have passed and he hasn't heard anything. Not knowing how H&C used to work, I just wonder if the first wife already notified them of the split and his ap was long ago terminated???? That's why he needs a lawyer, though, because right now he's lost in a shuffle somewhere and he needs to get this resolved.