May 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
November 27th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 27th 2015
Galano1213 said:
what did you have to do in order to live in your wife's house. My husband's house does not have an indoor bathroom and he thinks that would be an issue with immigration if I lived there
I would go and stay at my husbands house for a month or two weeks and they would give me a 3 month visa everytime. They just said I need to extend it if I decided to stay longer. No one ever checked his house. They just needed to see he owned it and our marriage certificate! So your husband doesn't have to worry about that!

Er84

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2016
LANDED..........
17-04-2016
Hello all :)

Anyone have any updates this week from Havana?

V_Gonzalez

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 12/2014
File Transfer...
Mar 11/2015
Interview........
Jan 28/2016
Passport Req..
Feb 26/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2/2016
LANDED..........
Apr 21/2016
Hi!

Interview was good.. they requested a new police certificate. We'll have that in a couple of days. They were happy with all the other documents, and didn't require anything further. My husband said the interview lady was very nice. We're hopeful that they will issue a visa, as I wouldn't think they would request a new police certificate otherwise. We'll know more next week. That's the update!

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
newgirl1 said:
Umm not sure Where Your husband would get that from? kinda odd. How would Immigration have anything to do with that?? All i did was go to get my visa extented after 3 months for another 3 months. My husband just brought a proof of home ownership from what i remember. Its not like they go there to inspect the home Lol.
Galano... Where did ur hubby get that idea from? Eouldnt immigration think ots more legit when ur living in conditions that are outside ur comfort zone? Isnt it better? Proving a comitment? Dedication? .... When r u planning to go there??

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I am not positive where it came from but I think someone in his area got in trouble with the Police as a neighbor reported them when they had a woman living with them. He also seems to think because his house is not the same as a Casa Rental that it would be an issue. I keep telling him that with all the money I have spent on Resorts and casas We could have rebuilt his house. $21000

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
Galano1213 said:
I am not positive where it came from but I think someone in his area got in trouble with the Police as a neighbor reported them when they had a woman living with them. He also seems to think because his house is not the same as a Casa Rental that it would be an issue. I keep telling him that with all the money I have spent on Resorts and casas We could have rebuilt his house. $21000
Ohhh. Man thats alot Galano. Just get the family visa... Stick ur self in the house for a few mnths. Nothing will happen. I never even got a visa when i used to go... But its recommended. Just doo ittttt lol. Thats what makes these realtionships fun!!!! Living en campo!

cassidyxo

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7th 2015
AOR Received.
July 9th 2015
File Transfer...
September 9th 2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
November 27th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 27th 2015
Galano1213 said:
I once almost got in trouble as well, I was "staying at a hostel" but really at my husbands house, this was before we were married, and someone said that they saw me in there too much, luckily I was very much registered at the hostel. Once we were married, there was nothing the police could say or do, as long as I had a visa. The hostels are necessary when there is not really any proof you are family. When we were dating, it we never got the visa, I just paid and "stayed" at a hostal down the street, because the station wouldn't just give a family visa to anyone. Next time you go, get the visa. I got it the last 6 or so times I went, 40$ that was it.. Lasts for 3 months, unless you leave, then you need another one each time you come.

cassidyxo

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7th 2015
AOR Received.
July 9th 2015
File Transfer...
September 9th 2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
November 27th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 27th 2015
V_Gonzalez said:
Hi!

Interview was good.. they requested a new police certificate. We'll have that in a couple of days. They were happy with all the other documents, and didn't require anything further. My husband said the interview lady was very nice. We're hopeful that they will issue a visa, as I wouldn't think they would request a new police certificate otherwise. We'll know more next week. That's the update!
I hope you get your VISAAAA :)!!

Thedean8

Dec 26, 2015
@galano I just showed with my suitcase and bought a bed. There is no running water in the washroom Or kitchen we shower out of a bucket and cook meals on a hotplate. It's like permenant camping :) I didn't report anything to anyone. But like the others said its not like immigration is going to show up and inspect the house. If it makes you happy to be with your spouse while you wait THAN DO IT. If your Canadian you can stay 90 days and you can go to immigration and have it extended for another 90. Less time and stressing to be apart while you wait. And if you Aleady spent 21 000. Myself as well not mention calling texting emailing IMO ect ect expenses just to communicate than why not go and live with your spouse it ends up being cheaper.

V_Gonzalez

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 12/2014
File Transfer...
Mar 11/2015
Interview........
Jan 28/2016
Passport Req..
Feb 26/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2/2016
LANDED..........
Apr 21/2016

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Police certificate must be less than 3 months old when submitted with the application and is good for 1 yr. Medical is good for 1 yr but can be extended to 15 months if the application is close to approval for visa.

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
Galano1213 said:
Yes it's true that the neighbor most likely got in shit for having some woman living with them. Can't do that. BUT when you are husband and wife and report it there is NO issue

luigui

Feb 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2016
LANDED..........
17-03-2016
V_Gonzalez said:
THANKS!!! :) :-*
Hi there, my wife got her interview on Jan 21st. needs to update the police records as well, could you tell me how long it takes? cause my wife was told when she requested that it takes about 14 working days and I seen in this board that some people have said two days? She was told that It could get an answer in a week or a month, regardless she won't know till she brings in the police records, she said the same thing about the lady whom she had the interview.

Thanks

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
My husband went to the Police station in Havana and had them in a couple of business days. He went on Dec 31 and had them for interview Jan 4