+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone uploaded this for PCC: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request.."

beemir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
“I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

I am interested to hear from those applicants who have chosen to upload the above statement when submitting their application, and further being contacted by IRCC to upload the PCC at a later point in time.

If you can provide estimated timelines as to how long that took, that would be appreciated.

Again, this is for those that didn't go for an upfront PCC route. This is for information and research purposes. It would help clear up some confusion others have on the same topic so that is why this question was posted on its own.

Thanks a bunch guys.

EDIT: This is only applicable to certain countries where it is required to upload such a letter. This question is pertaining to Saudi Arabia based applicants. Thanks again.

Last edited:

midnightfalcon

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Yeah, experts please give your advise and also those who have done the same, please give your inputs for future guidance!

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
“I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

I am interested to hear from those applicants who have chosen to upload the above statement when submitting their application, and further being contacted by IRCC to upload the PCC at a later point in time.

If you can provide estimated timelines as to how long that took, that would be appreciated.

Again, this is for those that didn't go for an upfront PCC route. This is for information and research purposes. It would help clear up some confusion others have on the same topic so that is why this question was posted on its own.

Thanks a bunch guys.
Be cautious though - I don't think you can opt for an 'upfront PCC route'. The general principle is that you must have all applicable PCC in hand before you submit your applications. Under that assumption, CIC acknowledges that in some countries, releasing this PCC will require official request letter from CIC. That's the only exception where you can substitute with an 'official request letter needed' LOE.

Checking the CIC guide for PCC first, which gives clear indication of whether this request letter situation applies to a specific country, is a must-do.

Last edited:

beemir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
I'll edit the original post to reflect this is a question for people based in countries where it is required to upload that specific statement such as Saudi Arabia.

Reactions: midnightfalcon

beemir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Yes, I uploaded such letter and received the official request from IRCC after passing the medicals.
So basically, you submitted the complete application and once your medicals passed, they requested you to get the PCC. I know this might be different for everyone, but could you let us know approximately how much time it took IRCC to request the PCC after you had submitted the entire application?

midnightfalcon

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
I'll edit the original post to reflect this is a question for people based in countries where it is required to upload that specific statement such as Saudi Arabia.
The above is correct, this only applies for certain countries like Japan, Colombia, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, etc.
Hi sir,

I reside in India, and my wife works in Saudia Arabia. Which means I need PCC from respective countries. How do we go about for Saudia PCC. Please guide and advice

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Guys, I got a letter from CIC 2 weeks after my med passed. Hong Kong Police requires this specific letter from CIC. People tried with their EE profile, AOR letter without success.

Reactions: San.Jamous

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
So basically, you submitted the complete application and once your medicals passed, they requested you to get the PCC. I know this might be different for everyone, but could you let us know approximately how much time it took IRCC to request the PCC after you had submitted the entire application?
You will get it in a few weeks after you submit your application. Everyone is slight different. I got mine about 65 days after AOR.
Then you will have 60 days to submit it. There will be a slot where you can upload the PCC.

Reactions: beemir

beemir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
You will get it in a few weeks after you submit your application. Everyone is slight different. I got mine about 65 days after AOR.
Then you will have 60 days to submit it. There will be a slot where you can upload the PCC.
Thanks for sharing your experience. It is handy information to know. Hopefully a few others can share their timelines as well.

Reactions: spth38

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi sir,

I reside in India, and my wife works in Saudia Arabia. Which means I need PCC from respective countries. How do we go about for Saudia PCC. Please guide and advice
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/saudi-arabia.asp

As stated throughout the thread upload a letter stating "I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate" once you pass your medicals you will get such request and you'll be able to obtain the PCC.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It took a little bit less than 2 months to get the request.

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
It took a little bit less than 2 months to get the request.
Actually, I need a Dutch PCC and Netherlands is also applicable to upload such letter of "I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”
But I hadn;t known about it in the first place. I applied for Dutch PCC with my ITA letter and Dutch police approved. Which means that I have the Dutch PCC already. Should I upload PCC now or I have to wait for the requesting letter from CIC after APR? Pls help advise. Thanks!!!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually, I need a Dutch PCC and Netherlands is also applicable to upload such letter of "I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”
But I hadn;t known about it in the first place. I applied for Dutch PCC with my ITA letter and Dutch police approved. Which means that I have the Dutch PCC already. Should I upload PCC now or I have to wait for the requesting letter from CIC after APR? Pls help advise. Thanks!!!
You can upload it now, I know people from other countries who were able to obtain the PCC without IRCC's request and received their PPR already.