+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Visa holder flying to Canada for soft landing,with a valid H1 B stamp in passport

Joshua2018

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
Hello Folks

Is it alright for an H1 B visa holder ,having a valid H1 B visa stamp on the passport to fly into Canada for soft landing formalities,and then fly back? We're just planning to stay in Canada for a day , complete the soft landing formalities and then fly back to the US on the same day.Are there any guidelines or rules we need to be aware off?

What sort of questions are likely to be asked at the Port of Entry on our way back to the US? Should we mention that we went into Canada to activate our PR?

We have valid H1 B visa stamps on our passports ,which is valid until 2019.So my understanding is that this stamp should enable us to fly in and fly out of the US.

Please let me know your thoughts. We are Indian passport holders.

Regards
Joshua

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hello Folks

Is it alright for an H1 B visa holder ,having a valid H1 B visa stamp on the passport to fly into Canada for soft landing formalities,and then fly back? We're just planning to stay in Canada for a day , complete the soft landing formalities and then fly back to the US on the same day.Are there any guidelines or rules we need to be aware off?

What sort of questions are likely to be asked at the Port of Entry on our way back to the US? Should we mention that we went into Canada to activate our PR?

We have valid H1 B visa stamps on our passports ,which is valid until 2019.So my understanding is that this stamp should enable us to fly in and fly out of the US.

Please let me know your thoughts. We are Indian passport holders.

Regards
Joshua
Yes, just make sure to have proof of funds. If you are flying that far, i would suggest stay for a weekend and enjoy the city as well.

Finally, don't be so concerned about entry into US. They should be thankful for the taxes you pay. Have that mindset. Just be yourself and treat it like any other normal formality. They are no special.

Reactions: Joshua2018

Joshua2018

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
Thanks much for replies. Your responses are much appreciated.

We are working on putting together the Proof of funds and Goods to Follow list.