+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B USA to Canada:Traffic Violation

Rocker007

Nov 28, 2018
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum and looking for an advice.Basically I'm on H1B Visa and working in USA. I've completed my 3 year's here and my nationality is Indian. Couple of months ago I was briefly arrested for an hour. I was taken to the police station on the suspicion of DUI. However as I was below BAC limit ie . 0.78 therefore I was immediately released. No finger prints or mugshots we're taken either. Neither my license was revoked.
Though the DWI charges were pressed but later on they were amended to minor traffic violation as I was driving 50 mph on 35 mph limit. I had to pay $150 fine plus court fees. I'd like to apply for the skilled Visa. Please let me know if this incident effect my eligibility.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum and looking for an advice.Basically I'm on H1B Visa and working in USA. I've completed my 3 year's here and my nationality is Indian. Couple of months ago I was briefly arrested for an hour. I was taken to the police station on the suspicion of DUI. However as I was below BAC limit ie . 0.78 therefore I was immediately released. No finger prints or mugshots we're taken either. Neither my license was revoked.
Though the DWI charges were pressed but later on they were amended to minor traffic violation as I was driving 50 mph on 35 mph limit. I had to pay $150 fine plus court fees. I'd like to apply for the skilled Visa. Please let me know if this incident effect my eligibility.
No issues if there is no criminal charges or arrest record. Just with 15mile speed issue is not a problem. I had one traffic ticket and had no issues on my PR(as they dont ask on traffic tickets). Major traffic offenses are anyway dealt with arrests hence seems no issue.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility.html

But while crossing US side, cbp was asking if that was the only ticket i got. So only dui/arrest gets one into trouble.