+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1b stamping - timeline

aninanda

Jul 12, 2021
Hello I submitted my documents using the dropbox service at the Ottawa consulate last monday.

My status was updated to Application Received .

Any idea how long will the process take from here?

mahi01237

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Hello @aninanda quick question about H1B stamping just couple of questions

1. How long it takes to get an visa appointment ?
2. If so ,is it drop box or direct interview ?
3. Do you have any processing time updates ?

Thank you !

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello @aninanda quick question about H1B stamping just couple of questions

1. How long it takes to get an visa appointment ?
2. If so ,is it drop box or direct interview ?
3. Do you have any processing time updates ?

Thank you !
1. What do you mean by how long it takes to get an appointment? Its in your hands, whenever you pay the fee , you can book the slot/will be asked to send docs.
2.It depends on your answers to the questionnaire.
3.Dropbox is anywhere between 4 to 6 weeks and 1 week for direct interview, if its cleared without any queries,

mahi01237

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Cool thank you @swan0206 .

Do you have any idea about H1B interview processing times in Canada because in website it shows at least 60-180 days to book a interview slot ? if so , which consulate in Canada do you recommend for direct interview . Thank you , much appreciated .

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Cool thank you @swan0206 .

Do you have any idea about H1B interview processing times in Canada because in website it shows at least 60-180 days to book a interview slot ? if so , which consulate in Canada do you recommend for direct interview . Thank you , much appreciated .
First of all, you are getting confused. H1b processing times are, as i said above in point(3).
For booking a slot there is no wait time. But the latest dates that are next available are 5 months from now. somewhere in September/October in different consulates. There are no closer dates.
When you pay the fees and get inside, you will be able to see the dates which you can first book a random date and keep checking regularly if any near dates open up so that you can reschedule.

ashwin1400

Sep 25, 2018
Hello I submitted my documents using the dropbox service at the Ottawa consulate last monday.

My status was updated to Application Received .

Any idea how long will the process take from here?
Hey @aninanda : I am on the same boat but I submitted my documents on the 14th in Ottawa. My status currently shows 'Admin review'. What's your current status showing?

iwantanid3

May 11, 2022
Hey @ashwin1400 and @aninanda - was this your first H1B stamping using dropbox in Canada? Please let me know since I am planning to get my renewal stamped in Canada (I am a PR holder with previous H1B stamps from India). Curious to see if it goes smoothly or there's a chance I might be called in for an interview. Issue in that case being that in-person slots are difficult to get if I get called in. Good luck with your process.