+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Appointment

dgo

Mar 2, 2016
Hi,

Does anyone if I can get an H1B appointment in Toronto at this time or if not how soon I can get one ? I understand that the appointment dates for B1/B2 visas are currently not available. Thanks.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi,

Does anyone if I can get an H1B appointment in Toronto at this time or if not how soon I can get one ? I understand that the appointment dates for B1/B2 visas are currently not available. Thanks.
The latest date that is showing as of now in Toronto is August 4th 2022. If you are a resident of Canada and requiring to attend your office in US, then there is a chance you might request for Emergency appointment.

harrygill2308

Feb 4, 2019
The latest date that is showing as of now in Toronto is August 4th 2022. If you are a resident of Canada and requiring to attend your office in US, then there is a chance you might request for Emergency appointment.
Hey so my visa was approved on Monday in Calgary.. Do u have any idea how long does it take to receive the passport because i cant see ay updates online...

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hey so my visa was approved on Monday in Calgary.. Do u have any idea how long does it take to receive the passport because i cant see ay updates online...
Congrats. I am not sure but as per previous posts probably a week or two. Was this a normal appointment or emergency?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Emergency appointment... A week or two to receive the stamping.. WTF ?
Max a week. worst case 2 i guess. Did you opt for premium delivery? then it will be quick.

can you please share more details like what is the reason for emergency appointment/do you stay in calgary or flew to the city just for appointment and how did it go.

Thanks.

harrygill2308

Feb 4, 2019
Max a week. worst case 2 i guess. Did you opt for premium delivery? then it will be quick.

can you please share more details like what is the reason for emergency appointment/do you stay in calgary or flew to the city just for appointment and how did it go.

Thanks.
I am a Physician so I applied for my regular appointment on Thursday and then asked for expedited appointment which was approved within an hour.. interview was maybe 2 mins.. what is ur highest degree and where r u going...said visa is approved and I am still waiting to see any updates... I paid for th premium delivery as I am on a very strict timeline as my Hospital expects me to start monday.... thanks for the help though but it is ridiculous to wait for ur passport for a week..anyways could be worse i guess. I am based in Edmonton so just a short drive to Calgary for me..

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I am a Physician so I applied for my regular appointment on Thursday and then asked for expedited appointment which was approved within an hour.. interview was maybe 2 mins.. what is ur highest degree and where r u going...said visa is approved and I am still waiting to see any updates... I paid for th premium delivery as I am on a very strict timeline as my Hospital expects me to start monday.... thanks for the help though but it is ridiculous to wait for ur passport for a week..anyways could be worse i guess. I am based in Edmonton so just a short drive to Calgary for me..
thanks for the info. Thats cool. yeah. it wasn't the same before as i read in the forum. this is all after the pandemic.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
In Toronto it takes 1-2 weeks. Depends on various factors of course, based on when they mark the DS160 as issued and when the actually post the courier.
Keep watching the DS160 status which is the most time consuming one. Once it turns from admin processing to issued then it will be of 1-3 days.

In ON, premium delivery is just a convenience to collect it at home but not a time saver because same courier comes to the local post office at 9am. So I dont see any delay in courier whichever the form we opted for.

harrygill2308

Feb 4, 2019
In Toronto it takes 1-2 weeks. Depends on various factors of course, based on when they mark the DS160 as issued and when the actually post the courier.
Keep watching the DS160 status which is the most time consuming one. Once it turns from admin processing to issued then it will be of 1-3 days.

In ON, premium delivery is just a convenience to collect it at home but not a time saver because same courier comes to the local post office at 9am. So I dont see any delay in courier whichever the form we opted for.
Ahh okk thanks for the info.. I just checked it says as issued so not long then i guess..Thank you once again for the insight.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Hi everyone, I am trying to figure out what are my options for H-1B visa stamping in Canada. Do you know what is the availability in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal or anything around them? I am not 100% sure about how to check. I do not have a DS-160 yet.

Thank you!

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi everyone, I am trying to figure out what are my options for H-1B visa stamping in Canada. Do you know what is the availability in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal or anything around them? I am not 100% sure about how to check. I do not have a DS-160 yet.

Thank you!
All the dates are around May 2022 and in Toronto its August 2022.

You need to first fill DS-160 and be ready with the receipt number and then create an account here(https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/users/sign_in) and pay the fee and then you will be able to see the dates.

Reactions: harirajmohan

shankrumanu

Mar 9, 2022
Hello All,

I am currently on WP in Canada I have been here for almost a year. I was working From Home from the day I joined in Canada and now my current project is ending and I need to travel to USA if I have to continue working for my client. I recently received my Hb petition approved and I was checking for a stamping slot as I need to join the USA office at least by 25 April 2022.
The Current appointment I got is on 25 July 2022. When I called the Embassy they advised submitting an expedited Request stating the same. Does anyone here have any experience with this process? I work in the IT field and is it a possibility to get a date in any consulate before April 25?
I stay in Vancouver and the latest appointment I have booked is in Calgary.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello All,

I am currently on WP in Canada I have been here for almost a year. I was working From Home from the day I joined in Canada and now my current project is ending and I need to travel to USA if I have to continue working for my client. I recently received my Hb petition approved and I was checking for a stamping slot as I need to join the USA office at least by 25 April 2022.
The Current appointment I got is on 25 July 2022. When I called the Embassy they advised submitting an expedited Request stating the same. Does anyone here have any experience with this process? I work in the IT field and is it a possibility to get a date in any consulate before April 25?
I stay in Vancouver and the latest appointment I have booked is in Calgary.
You can try expedited request after a month of booking the original appointment. State the reason that you are needed back in the office and explain briefly why in the expedited request. Other than this you can keep checking dates regularly you will find earlier dates somewhere in Canada when someone reschedules or cancels their appointment. Good luck