+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B, i140 approved, moved to Canada last year, updates to USCIS

adi92

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Hi,

I recently moved to Canada as a Permanent Resident. I have a H1B and i140 approved with my old employer.
I switched to a new employer in Canada.
Following my move am I required to update my address with USCIS or notify them. Does it have any consequence on my i140 or H1B?

I do want to keep the option open to move back to the U.S. in a few years. So what are the right steps to take here.

Thanks!

Reactions: paneka penalty

Amy2425

Oct 19, 2021
Hi,

I recently moved to Canada as a Permanent Resident. I have a H1B and i140 approved with my old employer.
Following my move am I required to update my address with USCIS or notify them. Does it have any consequence on my i140 or H1B?

I do want to keep the option open to move back to the U.S. in a few years. So what are the right steps to take here.

Thanks!
Hi Adi92

Did you get clarity on the process and requirement? If Yes- Can you please share the process ?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi,

Thanks!
It doesn't have any consequences on our i140 or H1b. Its only valid as long as you are in US. Temporarily you can give some of your relatives or friends address. I forgot to update till date, wanted to update it from the beginning but i had an amendment in the middle and no issues. Checked with some folks in this group and they said the same!