+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B holders

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016
I permanent resident of Canada and trying to get a US visa. My Last visa was H1b in 2018 but it was dropbox and my H1b previous to that(2017) was also in Toronto where I think I was fingerprinted. But I am very positive I was fingerprinted in 2012 while getting my F1/Student visa.
While applying for renewal this time I get the following option and I am confused with point #3 "Applicant submitted ten fingerprints when the previous U.S. visa was issued". Will i still be eligible for dropbox? Is anyone in the same situation?
  • Qualifying statements applicable to citizens or nationals of countries that are NOT part of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
    • Applicant is a national or permanent resident of the country in which the applicant is applying, and
    • Applicant has been previously issued a U.S. visa (any class of visa), and
    • Applicant submitted ten fingerprints when the previous U.S. visa was issued, and
    • Applicant answered 'NO' to all of the Medical and Health, Criminal, Security or Immigration Law Violation questions on the DS-160 visa application form

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
I permanent resident of Canada and trying to get a US visa. My Last visa was H1b in 2018 but it was dropbox and my H1b previous to that(2017) was also in Toronto where I think I was fingerprinted. But I am very positive I was fingerprinted in 2012 while getting my F1/Student visa.
While applying for renewal this time I get the following option and I am confused with point #3 "Applicant submitted ten fingerprints when the previous U.S. visa was issued". Will i still be eligible for dropbox? Is anyone in the same situation?
  • Qualifying statements applicable to citizens or nationals of countries that are NOT part of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
    • Applicant is a national or permanent resident of the country in which the applicant is applying, and
    • Applicant has been previously issued a U.S. visa (any class of visa), and
    • Applicant submitted ten fingerprints when the previous U.S. visa was issued, and
    • Applicant answered 'NO' to all of the Medical and Health, Criminal, Security or Immigration Law Violation questions on the DS-160 visa application form
My situation is also same with Canadian pr, last stamping in India with 10 fingerprint, at the end website says dropbox and send docs to US consulate, Ottawa.But above statement is contradicted. I m also worry but will send my docs next week once i reach canada from India since i m not getting any visa slot in India.So make my mind to travel to Canada and do my us visa.

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016
My situation is also same with Canadian pr, last stamping in India with 10 fingerprint, at the end website says dropbox and send docs to US consulate, Ottawa.But above statement is contradicted. I m also worry but will send my docs next week once i reach canada from India since i m not getting any visa slot in India.So make my mind to travel to Canada and do my us visa.
I am eligible for drop box in Canada. SO i am gonna do that too. I'll travel back and send them the documents

pintofsw

Dec 30, 2021
Yup, I did. BTW I got an update on my application on Friday. Case status is application received as of Today.
Thank you for the information and update on your case status. Please update this thread once your visa is "Issued". Good luck

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016
Thank you for the information and update on your case status. Please update this thread once your visa is "Issued". Good luck
Hey, my visa was issued yesterday and it was shipped today and i will pick it up tomorrow.