+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

guide me please

saadjaan

Aug 6, 2010
hello
MY JOB TITLE DOES NOT MATCH THE JOB TITLES LISTED IN THE NOC 2121, BUT MY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/DESCRIPTION MATCH THE JOB DESCRIPTION AND QUALIFICATION OF VETERINARY PARASITOLOGY BIOLOGIST...CAN I APPLY WITH A DIFFERENT TITLE, LIKE "VETERINARIAN"
GUIDE ME PLEASE
REGARDS

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

saadjaan said:
hello
MY JOB TITLE DOES NOT MATCH THE JOB TITLES LISTED IN THE NOC 2121, BUT MY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/DESCRIPTION MATCH THE JOB DESCRIPTION AND QUALIFICATION OF VETERINARY PARASITOLOGY BIOLOGIST...CAN I APPLY WITH A DIFFERENT TITLE, LIKE "VETERINARIAN"
GUIDE ME PLEASE
REGARDS
Only if you were trained as a veterinarian and veterinarians are not on the list of "29"

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saadjaan said:
hello
GUIDE ME PLEASE
REGARDS
yes you can

May 16, 2011
Hi pittabread and PMM,
i have the same problem, my job title is 'environmental advisor', one of example job titles in HRDC webpage is Ecologist and roles and responsibilities of ecologist written on that webpage perfectly fit what i do in my present occupation. I decided to try my luck and applied. so my question to you what are your replies to saadjan based on, personal experience or what? Have you been 2121 NOC applicants? i was looking at the excel spreadsheet 'immigration tracker' shared in this forum and i see that all those 2121 applicants who got their applications turned down state reason 'Work experience not satisfactory'. looks like its not about years of experience but relevance and my gut feeling is that quite difficult to prove your eligibility if you not a biologist in some scientific research institute. PLEASe comment on my assumptions, many thanks in advance.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
There has been a similar discussion on this subject. I agree that for some NOCs (especially those that are not regulated) performing the duties as per the ministerial instruction, is enough to 'qualify' (using the word advisedly). However, I personally have my reservation for some NOCs (those regualated like dentists, pharmacist, social workers), where applicants have no prior professional qualification in the field as it is that qualification that actually makes you a dentist, pharmacist etc. It is only CIC or some experts who can determine whether one can apply for a NOC based on the duties performed alone and not a professional qualification.

The other thing is that, some times the job titles do not matter....eg for a social worker, you could be called welfare worker, child protection worker, family support worker etc.....my point still stands that u will still need some sort of professional qualification in the field. Hope this helps someone...good luck!