+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GTS LMIA and VJO

rg8019

Jul 25, 2019
Hello friends,

Where can we find the Validated Job Offer number from Global Talent Stream positive LMIA?

And how can we update LMIA in ARRIMA portal?

Thanks in advance

salmoncwb

Apr 6, 2016
The two are unrelated.

An LMIA is used to get a temporary closed work permit.
You can only count points towards your Arrima application if you hold a Validated Job Offer, which is different than LMIA. Go to Quebec immigration website and look for permanent job offer application process.

Reactions: rg8019

salmoncwb

Apr 6, 2016
Thanks ‘salmoncweb’.

My offer letters states permanent full time position, and LMIA states temporary work permit. So I may not get points in CSQ.

How easy or difficult or expensive to process VJO for employers? Would like to know the cost and effort before asking the employer.
It is a bit easier than LMIA and you only send documentation to Quebec MIDI, no need to send to federal side.
The employer basically has to fill up the forms, pay the fees and submit the application via mail. It costs probably around 299 CAD and it will take them like 5 months to answer.

Follow the link I provided to get more detailed information.

Reactions: rg8019

rg8019

Jul 25, 2019
It is a bit easier than LMIA and you only send documentation to Quebec MIDI, no need to send to federal side.
The employer basically has to fill up the forms, pay the fees and submit the application via mail. It costs probably around 299 CAD and it will take them like 5 months to answer.

Follow the link I provided to get more detailed information.
Perfect.
Thanks

Wingslife

Feb 4, 2022
Hi,
I already have VJO of Quebec but invitations seem little chance. I want to apply for LMIA. Can I use my permanent job offer to apply instead of a temporary one? Thank you so much ~