+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Group of five sponsorship timeline

Sina Ansarifard

Jul 2, 2018
Dear Sina,

Turkey is issuing UNHCR cards currently for refugees? I heard that currrently some organisations are helping refugees to immigrate to different other countries, Is it right?

Best of luck.
They say they do but I haven't seen anything or heard anything for years now, The Turkish government is now responsible for interviewing and decision making on refugees and it depends in which city you apply. some cities are doing the interviews from time to time and some don't. It's got super hard to get things done in Turkey.

Mahadi24

Mar 30, 2019
Hi everyone, we're a family of 2. Iranians.
We did our interview in Canadian embassy in Ankara/Turkey about 2 weeks ago and I was wondering if anyone has any idea how long does the security and background checks take? does anybody know anything about how many months we should wait until the visa is issued ?
best regards
I think we are the same stuation, my application is G5, and i already done medical on November 2019 and interview on February 1, 2020, but still now not yet approved for visa, am waiting still, can you tell me if there ia new update about your visa ? Did they approved you?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi,
u can apply under G5 program in what conditions ? family members already in Canada ?
You need to have 5 people who are already living in Canada and who are willing to act as your sponsors.

Normally this is easiest to do if you have family members or close friends who are living in Canada. They must be Canadian citizens or Canadian permanent residents.

If you don't know anyone in Canada, then it's typically very difficult to find individuals who are willing to sponsor you.

elie.123

Jul 5, 2020
You need to have 5 people who are already living in Canada and who are willing to act as your sponsors.

Normally this is easiest to do if you have family members or close friends who are living in Canada. They must be Canadian citizens or Canadian permanent residents.

If you don't know anyone in Canada, then it's typically very difficult to find individuals who are willing to sponsor you.

they can sponsor me even if i am a refugee in Lebanon ?

Lelo99

Feb 25, 2020
Hi everyone
I have a question is it normal after I submitted my documents to the cic by mail I didn't get any email that saying they received it for almost 3 weeks ? Should I call them If they got my documents or not ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone
I have a question is it normal after I submitted my documents to the cic by mail I didn't get any email that saying they received it for almost 3 weeks ? Should I call them If they got my documents or not ?
This is normal. It will likely be several months before you heard anything.

Abdimajid2020

Jan 11, 2020
Hello

I was wondering What's new with your application. I have filed G5 application for my sister whose application got approved and transferred to Ankara today. We applied on May 1 and got our G number a week after and got in-canada approval today. I was just wondering what happens next. Did you have your interview in person? cause my sister is not in Turkey, and I am just not sure how they would interview her.

Sina Ansarifard

Jul 2, 2018
Hi there! I'm really glad you've got your application transfered here to Turkey, Any update on your application ? Did they arrange the interview yet ?
It seems like there's no movement by the embassy here in Ankara. Some of my friends who had their flights cancelled back in March traveled to Canada this month but other than that everything is super quiet.

Mudei

Jul 4, 2020
Hi there! I'm really glad you've got your application transfered here to Turkey, Any update on your application ? Did they arrange the interview yet ?
It seems like there's no movement by the embassy here in Ankara. Some of my friends who had their flights cancelled back in March traveled to Canada this month but other than that everything is super quiet.

Hi Sina, can you update us on your situation? what steps did you complete after your interview on Feb 2020?