+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Group of five sponsorship timeline

Sina Ansarifard

Jul 2, 2018
Hi everyone, we're a family of 2. Iranians.
We did our interview in Canadian embassy in Ankara/Turkey about 2 weeks ago and I was wondering if anyone has any idea how long does the security and background checks take? does anybody know anything about how many months we should wait until the visa is issued ?
best regards

Amin.hope

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
We did our interview in Canadian embassy in Ankara/Turkey about 2 weeks ago and I was wondering if anyone has any idea how long does the security and background checks take? does anybody know anything about how many months we should wait until the visa is issued ?
best regards
May I asked u how long it took times until you go for an interview? And under which program did u apply ? Thanks dear.

Sina Ansarifard

Jul 2, 2018
We applied under private sponsorshi program or G5. we applied in November and we went to interview late January. have you applied yet ?? if yes, from where and when and what's your situation ? Thanks in advance

Reactions: Amin.hope

Amin.hope

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
We applied under private sponsorshi program or G5. we applied in November and we went to interview late January. have you applied yet ?? if yes, from where and when and what's your situation ? Thanks in advance
I applied under private sponsorship in September 5 but not under G5 program
And nothing happens yet until now. I’m applied from Thailand.

Amin.hope

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
May I asked you what kind of interview you had ? You mean you went to Canadian embassy or UNHCR for interview? Thanks

Amin.hope

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
To be able to apply under G5 program you hve to be recognized as refugee by UNHCR. We had our interview with the Canafian embassy this time.
can u pls share your timeline ? Mine is about 5 December, i got my G number and then until today nothing happens.

Suleyman123

Jan 18, 2018
best regards
Hello

I was wondering What's new with your application. I have filed G5 application for my sister whose application got approved and transferred to Ankara today. We applied on May 1 and got our G number a week after and got in-canada approval today. I was just wondering what happens next. Did you have your interview in person? cause my sister is not in Turkey, and I am just not sure how they would interview her.

Sina Ansarifard

Jul 2, 2018
Hello

I was wondering What's new with your application. I have filed G5 application for my sister whose application got approved and transferred to Ankara today. We applied on May 1 and got our G number a week after and got in-canada approval today. I was just wondering what happens next. Did you have your interview in person? cause my sister is not in Turkey, and I am just not sure how they would interview her.
Well as far as I know, 99% of the applicants have to go trough an interview with an immigration officer in the Canadian embassy. Not sure how they're going to proceed with yours. I have no valid information. It seems like they've stopped issuing visas and in person interviews as well in here because there hasn't been any flight going out for almost 3 months now. We're waiting for our visas but I have no idea when they want to resume their work. Good to hear they're processing application in Canada at least. did they mentioned in the email that they're sending yours to Ankara ??
After they send the application abroad you basically have to wait for them to call you for an interview. If they start working again I assume that would not take a lot of time. for us it took about a month.
Best of luck

Salman Q

Jan 4, 2020
I applied for G5 on november 8th, in 1 week I git my G number, January 27th interview
Dear Sina,

Turkey is issuing UNHCR cards currently for refugees? I heard that currrently some organisations are helping refugees to immigrate to different other countries, Is it right?

Best of luck.