+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Goods to follow - shipping container via sea freigther

Hope42010

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
Brazil
Hello everyone,

I want to ship by sea freighter a 20’container with my personal effects to Regina or Saskatoon SK; Canada has only 3 main sea ports Toronto, Quebec and Vancouver all of then far away from SK.
Considering that the cost for the container to travel by truck between port and destination inland would be huge, I have been told that these ports are also connected by rail (train) to several locations including SK thus making this option a more economical choice as I will be paying only truck charges from SK to my house and the rail costs are cheaper.

Can someone suggest a company in SK to receive my goods at the sea port, clear customs and then deliver it to my door? And yes, I Google it with no success.

Thank you all.
Hope42010

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hope42010 said:
Hello everyone,

I want to ship by sea freighter a 20'container with my personal effects to Regina or Saskatoon SK; Canada has only 3 main sea ports Toronto, Quebec and Vancouver all of then far away from SK.
Considering that the cost for the container to travel by truck between port and destination inland would be huge, I have been told that these ports are also connected by rail (train) to several locations including SK thus making this option a more economical choice as I will be paying only truck charges from SK to my house and the rail costs are cheaper.

Can someone suggest a company in SK to receive my goods at the sea port, clear customs and then deliver it to my door? And yes, I Google it with no success.

Thank you all.
Hope42010
the company that you hire to ship the container should be able to do everything you need. If you are doing it yourself, you would have to contact a customs broker and freight forwarder.