+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Goods to follow list - please help.

OrangeCounty

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I landed at Vancouver, the immigration officer processing my case did not take the B4 and B4A forms, When I asked her again about the same, she responded by saying "Please bring it along when the goods arrive in Canada". Could someone please let me know how to go about this situation? I am concerned because I have a lot of electronic items and other household items still left behind in US. What will happen when I return to US with all these goods?

Experts, please provide your input.

Thank You very much.
OrangeCounty

max_lee

May 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2008
AOR Received.
01-11-2008
IELTS Request
02-03-2009
Med's Request
29-05-2009
Med's Done....
10-06-2009
Passport Req..
02-22-1010
VISA ISSUED...
02-25-1010
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
OrangeCounty said:
When I landed at Vancouver, the immigration officer processing my case did not take the B4 and B4A forms, When I asked her again about the same, she responded by saying "Please bring it along when the goods arrive in Canada". Could someone please let me know how to go about this situation? I am concerned because I have a lot of electronic items and other household items still left behind in US. What will happen when I return to US with all these goods?

Experts, please provide your input.

Thank You very much.
OrangeCounty
Didn't you pass through customs after completing your landing formalities with the IO, that's where(Customs) you have to show the list and get it stamped.

Max

OrangeCounty

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Max_Lee - Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did pass through customs but all I did was handover the Customs card that I had filled. This is after the IO had stamped the Customs Card and declined to accept my B4 and B4A forms. Is there any way I can rectify the situation so that there is no problem when I come back with the items.

Please do let me know the best option.

Thank You very much.
Orange County

OrangeCounty

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Customs form that I filled out is E311
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5056-eng.html#s6x1

Experts, request you to please help !

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

OrangeCounty said:
Hi Max_Lee - Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did pass through customs but all I did was handover the Customs card that I had filled. This is after the IO had stamped the Customs Card and declined to accept my B4 and B4A forms. Is there any way I can rectify the situation so that there is no problem when I come back with the items.

Please do let me know the best option.

Thank You very much.
Orange County
VIA seems to have taken a different approach to goods to follow. Once your goods arrive you will probably have to go to the main Customs office on Melville St., and get the B4s stamped, then you show them to the warehouse to get the goods released. There was a couple of posters who stated that is what happened to them.

OrangeCounty

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks PMM for your reply. The problem I have is that I would be returning to the US after a week or so and don't know which city, in Canada, I would be going to when I return in summer - it all depends on where I get a job. Will there be a problem when I bring in the good through a Canadian border?

Thank You
Orange County

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

OrangeCounty said:
Thanks PMM for your reply. The problem I have is that I would be returning to the US after a week or so and don't know which city, in Canada, I would be going to when I return in summer - it all depends on where I get a job. Will there be a problem when I bring in the good through a Canadian border?

Thank You
Orange County
No, you shouldn't have a problem, as long as you haven't added new items to the GTF list.

OrangeCounty

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks PMM! Okay, I understand. Even though I don't plan to add any new items to the list, how can Canadian Customs tell if I did. Since they don't have a copy of the GTF list, what would be the best way to explain the situation at other ports of entry. Sorry about the many questions ...

Best
Orange County

OrangeCounty

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Planning to drop into CBSA office at Dunsmuir Street, later in the week, to find out the best option ...

OrangeCounty

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The officer at CBSA Inland office as well as the one who answered the call (1-800 number probably routed the call to Vancouver area as I was calling from downtown) had the same opinion - I need to get the B4 stamped when goods arrive.

I don't know what to do with my car ...

OrangeCounty