+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

going to university

Mhelou

Feb 5, 2011
Hi,

I just sent my papers and starting to think about the studies of my children when we arrive in Canada. my daughter is 16 y.o and will finish grade 10 if we will go to Canada next year she will start grade 11 there?

My son is 18 y.o and on 2nd year University in my country taking up Architecture, when will go to Canada he can continue his study like he can enroll 3rd year college or he will start grade 11???? because he had only finish grade 10 and start college in our country. we dont need to have grade 11 and 12 before start university.

Appreciate your suggestion...

thanks,

thezieglers

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will need to bring with you all the necessary paperwork from your country to demonstrate how those studies reflect their equivalence here. I don't think your 18yo will have to go back to Gr.11/12 if he's already started College.

Mhelou

Feb 5, 2011
thank you for your answer. how about Student loan. i'am sure the university in canada is so expensive, how we can apply for Loan if we are new on that place.

appreciate your answer/advise.

Cdn28

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
I would suggest going to a few of the University websites as they have all this information posted on their sites. You can see if you'r eligible for scholarships, grants, or student loans and how to apply.

The sites have extensive information.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Mhelou said:
thank you for your answer. how about Student loan. i'am sure the university in canada is so expensive, how we can apply for Loan if we are new on that place.

appreciate your answer/advise.
U can also search for canadian government website for study loans and grants for yr kid going to university, for any loan or grant, yr son has to apply himself, u cannot do it for him. It also depends on which province u guys are going and where yr son is going to attend university. the loan or grant is dependent on the province that u guys settle in, not dependent on which uni, he goes to.

Mhelou

Feb 5, 2011
thanks for your responsed. We are planning to go to British Columbia...and while here in Abu Dhabi U.A.E. and waiting for visa i will enroll my daughter in grade 11 here. i think this is a good idea...

rupak447

Mar 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, in this case you may decide as brilliant as you. I am glad to see your plannings to go to British Columbia. I think it was your timely decision of avoiding to going to Canada causes of highly expensiveness.