Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Hey Guys, I need some help. I received my canada PR back in October 2016 but I immediately came back to USA, got married in November 2016. I had been planning my Canada move for some time but because of some health issues( some weird eye condition) I postponed. Finally I asked my company this year to transfer me to Canada and they agreed. I am planning to move there by June.

1. Will I face any issues at border/immigration and have to explain why I was away for 1.5 years.
2. What is the best way to sponsor my spouse now or at least bring her with me on some temporary VISA.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey Guys, I need some help. I received my canada PR back in October 2016 but I immediately came back to USA, got married in November 2016. I had been planning my Canada move for some time but because of some health issues( some weird eye condition) I postponed. Finally I asked my company this year to transfer me to Canada and they agreed. I am planning to move there by June.

1. Will I face any issues at border/immigration and have to explain why I was away for 1.5 years.
2. What is the best way to sponsor my spouse now or at least bring her with me on some temporary VISA.
Hi

1. No, you will not face any issues or questioning about why you were away.

2. Once you are in Canada, you can apply to sponsor your spouse. As a PR, you are required to be in Canada throughout the entire sponsorship process. If she requires a TRV, she can apply but is unlikely to be approved.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016

I agree with @canuck_in_uk. I would add that the best way for you to bring your wife to Canada would be for her to study here.