+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Girlfriend

bob

Aug 28, 2006
So my girlfriend lives in Vancouver, Canada and I plan on moving in with her. But im confused with everything. How do i go about doing this?

I was planning on moving out of here when my lease is up. How do i go about getting a visa so i can live with her?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bob said:
You don't, if you are from a visa exempt country and can prove that you can support yourself, you would be admitted as a visitor for up to 6 months. YOu would have to apply for an extension, it probably would not be given so you can live in Canada for a year to be able to apply as common/law. You would not be able to work or attend school.

You can apply for a student permit if you are accepted to a Canadian school and can afford the international fees, about 12K per year.

Depending on your age/student/country you can apply for a open work permit for 6-12 months under Bunac or Swap from your home country.

If you have a skill that is in demand in Canada and an employer who can demonstrate that there were no Canadians or Prs available for the job, and HRSDC certifies it, then you could get a work permit before you come to Canada.

You could apply as a skilled worker, if you meet the criteria, but that takes about 2/3 years to process.

Or you could marry and she sponsor you.

You might want to start reading at www.cic.gc.ca

PMM

bob

Aug 28, 2006
So what i have gathered from this is that if i was to get a visitor visa i will not be able to work or attend school. I live in the US. I also work for Sam's Club. Do you think i could get a work visa like that? transfering to a walmart there.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bob said:
So what i have gathered from this is that if i was to get a visitor visa i will not be able to work or attend school. I live in the US. I also work for Sam's Club. Do you think i could get a work visa like that? transfering to a walmart there.
The chances for a work permit for basically unskilled work is nil, you might want to look into Swap in the US to see if you are eligible for a 6 month open work permint (non extendable)

PMM