+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting PR in Canada after working in Intra Company Transfer

bourne5144`

Jun 24, 2017
Hi All,

I am moving to Canda in a Intra Company Transfer as a Software architect, I want to know my options to get PR from below

1. My self-applying via express entry program
  2. Is there an option where my employer can sponsor my PR or I can apply PR via employer
Please let me know which will be best option and faster to get PR

ICTWP

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
19-02-2018
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
Hi All,

I am moving to Canda in a Intra Company Transfer as a Software architect, I want to know my options to get PR from below

2. Is there an option where my employer can sponsor my PR or I can apply PR via employer

Congratulation on your WP and welcome !

These are few links i would recommend to read and gauge where you stand on CRS

To answer your question about PR :
  • It's self application, but you can claim more points with your employer's supporting documents on CRS ( read more documents about Express entry under CEC)
  • Also check, FSW, PNP streams which will increase your CRS so that you can secure ITA ( Invitation to apply) before you complete 1 year in Canada

bourne5144`

Jun 24, 2017
Congratulation on your WP and welcome !

These are few links i would recommend to read and gauge where you stand on CRS

To answer your question about PR :
  • It's self application, but you can claim more points with your employer's supporting documents on CRS ( read more documents about Express entry under CEC)
  • Also check, FSW, PNP streams which will increase your CRS so that you can secure ITA ( Invitation to apply) before you complete 1 year in Canada
Thank you for the info
I was working for a Canadian company is US for 3 years now I am moving to our canadain HQ, does my US experience count under Canadian experience.

Is there an option in Canada where my employer can raise PR for me like EB green card in USA ;so I don't need to go through the IETS tests.

bibinpanicker

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Thank you for the info
I was working for a Canadian company is US for 3 years now I am moving to our canadain HQ, does my US experience count under Canadian experience.

Is there an option in Canada where my employer can raise PR for me like EB green card in USA ;so I don't need to go through the IETS tests.
@bourne - The PR process is totally different from what is there in the US. IELTS and your Educational Credential Assessment are the pre-requisites to creating your Express Entry profile. I recommend that you read through the articles on the CIC website and proceed. Feel free to ask questions. The forum is in place to help.

ICTWP

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
19-02-2018
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
Thank you for the info

- Nope you can't claim that though you were working for Canadian company, If some how you were able to get experience documents from company as Canadian experience, you still need to produce official Paystubs with Canadian location address, and income tax doc's such as T4's ( similar to W-2 in US)

- Canada immigration is merit based system - different than what US has. English Language test is mandatory in PR process

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Thank you for the info

IELTS and ECA must to get Canadian PR. The only advantage you have with job offer is you get additional 50 points, so your English scores could get little lesser than others provided you meet the cutoff

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi All,

Well... sort of. There are "Provincial Nominee Programs" that differ for each province; we don't know where you are, but here you can see there's the Employer Job offer: Foreign Worker Stream in Ontario -
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPWORKER.html

However, PNP applications can take a very long time and at least in the case of Ontario, cost quite a bit more money. After working in Canada for a year, you would be eligible under the Canadian Experience Class / Express Entry stream, which would still be faster to process than a PNP application. But it may be an option.

Thank you for the info
No, it will not be counted as Canadian experience, but Canadian experience is not always required. It will count as foreign work experience, which could make you eligible now under Express Entry. But alas you will have to take the language test (IELTS or CELPIP) and get your education credentials assessed.

Bobb123

Jun 23, 2018
Hi All,

It is better to apply through your employer.....As you will get additional points while applying through your employer.

It is called Employer sponsered PR

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It is better to apply through your employer.....As you will get additional points while applying through your employer.

It is called Employer sponsered PR
There is no such thing in Canada... Individuals have to submit their own PR applications. However, employers can assist with job offers, LMIAs (in some cases), and/or provincial nominee applications - some people call this "sponsorship" but it is not, individuals still have to apply on their own merits.

For someone coming in on an ITC, after one year, the employer can support the PR application with a future offer of employment, but I'm guessing this applicant will not need the extra points, and may even qualify now as an FSW...

Bobb123

Jun 23, 2018
I came to know that , There is employer Sponsered PR , In which you get additional 200 Points....In MNC companies.

rashpal26

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Tampa, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
AOR Received.
01-07-2018
Passport Req..
15-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2019
Hi All,

Hi @bourne5144` , How long it took for you to process intra company transfer, my employer is ready to process intra company transfer and I am already in express entry pool at 438, wondering it's worth to wait for ITA or go for intra company transfer. ITA seems dicy at 438.

vbollam

Jul 21, 2018
Hi @bourne5144` , How long it took for you to process intra company transfer, my employer is ready to process intra company transfer and I am already in express entry pool at 438, wondering it's worth to wait for ITA or go for intra company transfer. ITA seems dicy at 438.
Hi Rashpal,

Could you please advise if your employer kicked off your ICT process? How long it took for obtaining a decision? Could you please advise?

Thank you.

rashpal26

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Tampa, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
AOR Received.
01-07-2018
Passport Req..
15-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2019
Hi Rashpal,

Could you please advise if your employer kicked off your ICT process? How long it took for obtaining a decision? Could you please advise?

Thank you.
No, I didn't start the process as I got direct ITA.