+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting an apartment as a newcomer - no credit history...

Petrus

Oct 16, 2008
I've been looking for apartments to rent in the Toronto area. I will be arriving in Canada in a few weeks time, as a landed immigrant. Will it be tough to get an apartment through a rental agency, if all your credit history is in Europe and you don't have friends or family in Canada to use as co-signers? My European bank has branches in Canada, and I will be getting an income from Europe for quite a while. Would that be any good to prove my income? What other documents will they need. I've no idea about this subject, and would be glad for any suggestions.

Regards

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It will help if you can show a credit card. Actually a credit card will also help getting utilities set up. You don't have to charge it to the card, just show it so they know you have one. Maybe give them the credit card number as insurance.

Petrus

Oct 16, 2008
Leon said:
It will help if you can show a credit card. Actually a credit card will also help getting utilities set up. You don't have to charge it to the card, just show it so they know you have one. Maybe give them the credit card number as insurance.
:))) Thanks Leon. Well, I'l just throw them my Gold visa cards to the face then :)) Sorry if I'm repeating these questions. Just found another topic regarding this issue.

ghiaskhan

There are quite a number of letting agencies who will be able to book /reserve accomodation for you before arrival in Canada. Doing that will save you from your credit in Canada .You will also be able to use this address at the time of your landing there to get your PR card.