+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Genuineness of Midas Inc

Oct 8, 2011
Midas Inc says they conduct full video conferencing interviews.
Offers obtained through them ought to be genuine.

Your take on this?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sinistercancer said:
Midas Inc says they conduct full video conferencing interviews.
Offers obtained through them ought to be genuine.

Your take on this?
It might be an idea to provide more information about the company .... be a bit more specific

mbaguyindia

Oct 14, 2011
I have following experience with them :

1. They posted a job on naukri and monstertindia, advertising openings in Canada, with one of their clients.
2. I applied, and they asked me to send them my documents, so they could analyze my profile.
3. They told me that their canadian counterpart had given a positive response, and that they would like take up my case.
4. They told me that since it was hard to get a job without a PR visa, and vice versa, they would get my interviews conducted over video conferencing, and when I have a job offer, only then they would process my visa.

That's the good part. Now the shady part.

5. They told me that they would need INR 275,000 ($5500) before the Job offer, and USD $5500 after reaching Canada and joining.

6. They did not advertise their exact office address. Once my documents scanned copies were with them, they gave me their official address.

7. When I told them I would visit them, they told me to visit after appointment, at a particular time (12 o clock, Saturday)

8. I reached their office at designated time, found no signboard by the name of Midas Inc, but rather, signboard for an attorney. I soon found Midas Inc signboard, on the right hand side of the building, but it appeared to be an advertisement, rather than indicating the office location.

9. The gate appeared closed, but after careful examination, I managed to open it, and enter. I found it empty. I found only the girl with whom I had been in touch with.

10. She told me that I had visited on saturday, and thus, the staff was on a leave. She told me that the director of the company never met anyone, and she was not authorized to tell his name, his contact number, his other businesses. He was a qualified lawyer, and would charge Rs. 5000 to meet in person, but the appointment would be fixed by him when he wanted, at his convenience, on a 15 day notice. The answer to every question regarding anything was : Once we receive Registration amount, and the rest of the installments, only then anything can be processed. The answer to everything is known only by the director, who, as stated, never met or talked to anyone.

11. She told me the company was running for 10 years. But when I asked to see the documents, she showed me a proprietorship deed, dated October 2010. "It needs to be renewed every year" , she stated. I didn't buy it.

12. She told me that she couldn't provide me with any references, of anyone they had sent to Canada, or anybody else. That everything could be provided by the director (I was beginning to wonder if he actually existed).

13. After putting tremendous pressure on her, she gave me the phone number of the director, who never picked up the phone. And never called.

Seems they don't want nosy clients like me. The director, the so called counscellor over there, never contacted me after that, nor answered my calls.

kazuhirowatanabe_30

Sep 16, 2011
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with my documents
File Transfer...
03-10-2011
Med's Request
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
22-11-2011
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
02-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully September 2012
Indeed, in my opinon, it definitely is a scam! :'(

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
No doubt a scam .
I guess they realised that your spooky questioning was just giving away their identity a lil too far - conmen !!!

kazuhirowatanabe_30

Sep 16, 2011
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with my documents
File Transfer...
03-10-2011
Med's Request
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
22-11-2011
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
02-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully September 2012
it's all about the money...

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
No doubt it is 100% fraud.
It is clear from mbaguyindia post and personal experience.

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
Never give money to such Scamming scheme. :eek:

SF2005

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
It is unfortunate that there might be some people out there preying on others' ambitions and hard work. If you know someone who works for a newspaper,or writes a blog, maybe they could do a little research.

Who knows, maybe they are legit. But it doesn't hurt to be too careful when you're entrusting your career, legal documents (certificates and passport), and hard-earned money into the hands of some stranger who is reluctant to even give their name, let alone their business card with the information.

Good luck,
SF2005

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
For me as a Manager that has dealt with multiple recruitment agents this is a huge scam. Serious recruitment agents, at least in the US and Canada, charge the employer and not the employee period.

Rod

coolankur49

Apr 26, 2012
Thanks a lot for the information.

As per the details, the owner of MIDAS INC is

S K Singh
Address:pLOT 219, POCKET-B, SEC-19, DWARKA, DELHI, India
Phone: +91 9582095906

They have posted a number of jobs on times jobs website,

I have reported this to timesjob website, their reply,
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing to us.
All information is accepted in good faith and we cannot take any responsibility regarding the bonafide of the user. Also click on the 'Security Advice' link at the bottom of the home page of the website timesjobs dot com, for the guidelines to ensure the safety of our users.
Best Wishes,
Customer Support, TimesJobs

mbaguyindia said:
I have following experience with them :

1. They posted a job on naukri and monstertindia, advertising openings in Canada, with one of their clients.
2. I applied, and they asked me to send them my documents, so they could analyze my profile.
3. They told me that their canadian counterpart had given a positive response, and that they would like take up my case.
4. They told me that since it was hard to get a job without a PR visa, and vice versa, they would get my interviews conducted over video conferencing, and when I have a job offer, only then they would process my visa.

That's the good part. Now the shady part.

5. They told me that they would need INR 275,000 ($5500) before the Job offer, and USD $5500 after reaching Canada and joining.

6. They did not advertise their exact office address. Once my documents scanned copies were with them, they gave me their official address.

7. When I told them I would visit them, they told me to visit after appointment, at a particular time (12 o clock, Saturday)

8. I reached their office at designated time, found no signboard by the name of Midas Inc, but rather, signboard for an attorney. I soon found Midas Inc signboard, on the right hand side of the building, but it appeared to be an advertisement, rather than indicating the office location.

9. The gate appeared closed, but after careful examination, I managed to open it, and enter. I found it empty. I found only the girl with whom I had been in touch with.

10. She told me that I had visited on saturday, and thus, the staff was on a leave. She told me that the director of the company never met anyone, and she was not authorized to tell his name, his contact number, his other businesses. He was a qualified lawyer, and would charge Rs. 5000 to meet in person, but the appointment would be fixed by him when he wanted, at his convenience, on a 15 day notice. The answer to every question regarding anything was : Once we receive Registration amount, and the rest of the installments, only then anything can be processed. The answer to everything is known only by the director, who, as stated, never met or talked to anyone.

11. She told me the company was running for 10 years. But when I asked to see the documents, she showed me a proprietorship deed, dated October 2010. "It needs to be renewed every year" , she stated. I didn't buy it.

12. She told me that she couldn't provide me with any references, of anyone they had sent to Canada, or anybody else. That everything could be provided by the director (I was beginning to wonder if he actually existed).

13. After putting tremendous pressure on her, she gave me the phone number of the director, who never picked up the phone. And never called.

Seems they don't want nosy clients like me. The director, the so called counscellor over there, never contacted me after that, nor answered my calls.

kchakus

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Not Yet
It's a clear case of FRAUD; Don't believe these guys!!!!