+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

general questions

PRS

Apr 3, 2006
I am a US citizen. I am currently dating a Canadian citizen. I am a high school teacher currently taking courses toward a Master's degree. I was wondering what would be the best way to become a canadian citizen. From the little research that I've done, I'm assuming that being sponsored by him is the best way. Is there any way to get sponsored if we're not married or living together? Once I become a citizen, how long will I have to wait before looking for work?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

PRS said:
I am a US citizen. I am currently dating a Canadian citizen. I am a high school teacher currently taking courses toward a Master's degree. I was wondering what would be the best way to become a canadian citizen. From the little research that I've done, I'm assuming that being sponsored by him is the best way. Is there any way to get sponsored if we're not married or living together? Once I become a citizen, how long will I have to wait before looking for work?
1. It is Permanent Residence status, not citizenship.
2. If you are not married or living in a C/law relationship he cannot sponsor you. Conjugal would not work.
3. You would have to apply as a Skilled Worker, see www.cic.gc.ca all the info is there. If you qualify, you are looking at 2/3 years for the application to be processed.
4. Permanent residents can work from day one. Visitors can not work.
5. If you wished to be together, you could get admission to a Canadian university (expensive for international students), get a study permit, live together for 1 year to meet def. of common/law then he could sponsor your.

PMM

canpaki

Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 August 2011
AOR Received.
27 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2012 CPP-OTTAWA
Med's Request
27 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
17 Feb 2012 .... ecas shows in process
Interview........
... no
Passport Req..
....not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
After CSQ.. i send my App to buffalo at 15 august 2011 the recievd 18 august 2011
then it was a long waiting untill 27 jan 2012....
27 jan i recive an email that my file has been transferd to CPP-OTTAWA..
and i had a med request attached and my client ID that i can chek my app status on line...
med done 17 FEB... they updated online that they recievd med results 05 MARCH 2012
now plz can any body tell me when they will ask me my passport to stamp visa??