+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

full-time remote work on Student visa

ignacioDeLaB

Nov 3, 2021
Can an international student under Study permit that allows to work off-campus, is allowed to work remotely full-time (40 hrs/week) for a company outside Canada? Can we work as consultants/service provider (not payroll)? Based on my research this seems possible:
Thanks in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can an international student under Study permit that allows to work off-campus, is allowed to work remotely full-time (40 hrs/week) for a company outside Canada? Can we work as consultants/service provider (not payroll)? Based on my research this seems possible:
Thanks in advance!
Yes you can as long as your employer doesn’t have Canadian offices or clients.

Reactions: ignacioDeLaB

fatehparminder

Jul 17, 2021
India
Category........
STUDY
Yes you can as long as your employer doesn’t have Canadian offices or clients.
What if a company has clients and offices throughout the world. I take the view that It is about which location an employee is joined to. Let's suppose I work as a software engineer in an MNC. But I work for an Indian branch. Such cases should not be a problem.

fatehparminder

Jul 17, 2021
India
Category........
STUDY
Thanks in advance!
Thank you for this valuable information. I was trying to clearing my this same doubt by doing some google. What does this mean "1/2 Working"? I didn't get this could you please tell me?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for this valuable information. I was trying to clearing my this same doubt by doing some google. What does this mean "1/2 Working"? I didn't get this could you please tell me?
The "1/2" means it's one of two tweets on the same topic. It has nothing to do with working or the rules.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
What if a company has clients and offices throughout the world. I take the view that It is about which location an employee is joined to. Let's suppose I work as a software engineer in an MNC. But I work for an Indian branch. Such cases should not be a problem.
It would be a problem. That's why knowing the company "doesn’t have Canadian offices or clients. " is important.