+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
1. Yes I did get an engineering job.
2. Here's what happened: I was actually approached by the company via linkedIn, I didn't technically "applied" for them. Once they found out I have a pending PR application. We sort of made a pseudo-deal that they would be willing to hire me once I get my PR approved. The job offer was made several months back. Once I landed in Canada, all that was left was to get me onboard the company since all the interviews, and all the negotiations were already done.

Don't know what engineering field you are but ASIC engineers for some reason are a high demand in Canada right now.
Understood, I think this proves that it is worthwhile to start looking for jobs before landing-I'm going to become more aggressive in my job search in Canada.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Right wing (Indians???) They are not even in India .This is why I love my country men where ever they go they never leave that garbage attitude behind.
Share the link with me please.
Enjoy guys.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1673240852913517 ( this is a good group)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/185884140106 ( This is where you will encounter very minor toxicity)

Most of the toxicity comes from one guy. He is one boomer guy who call himself as Professor works in a community college constantly complains how unfair living in Vancouver is and how bad Canadian healthcare system is but still lived in Vancouver for over 35 years. I mean, we all know the reality of Canada but this guy keep reminding why we shouldn't move to Canada. Sometimes I feel that this boomer guy is @ImpatientKangaroo

Some of his views for y'all.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
1. Yes I did get an engineering job.
2. Here's what happened: I was actually approached by the company via linkedIn, I didn't technically "applied" for them. Once they found out I have a pending PR application. We sort of made a pseudo-deal that they would be willing to hire me once I get my PR approved. The job offer was made several months back. Once I landed in Canada, all that was left was to get me onboard the company since all the interviews, and all the negotiations were already done.

Don't know what engineering field you are but ASIC engineers for some reason are a high demand in Canada right now.
ASIC engineers are hot in US too. Very very very high demand and pay is crazy....

Reactions: Windsor37

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Enjoy guys.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/185884140106 ( This is where you will encounter very minor toxicity)

Most of the toxicity comes from one guy. He is one boomer guy who call himself as Professor works in a community college constantly complains how unfair living in Vancouver is and how bad Canadian healthcare system is but still lived in Vancouver for over 35 years. I mean, we all know the reality of Canada but this guy keep reminding why we shouldn't move to Canada. Sometimes I feel that this boomer guy is @ImpatientKangaroo

Indo-Canadians? That's a new one :D .

• Haha
Reactions: RSub

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hey guys, I have some great news, finally PPR....

I would like to extend my gratitude to Dankboi for all the memes, DxDroid for his relentless optimistic view of the world, Mushymush for his interesting insights and boundless patience, Stirredo for the satarical comments and jabs with kangaroo, ImpatientKangaroo for the endless source of entertainment, Navinball for all the balance with Rsub, Wonderbly for her motherly role, Alysson for his confusing name that lead many to assume he's in fact female, MistyDino for her (I'm assuming) dedication to provide PPR details, DKAB for showing that wherever you go, there will always be people that will remind you that you don't have it as bad as you think. I really hope we all have a get together one day, maybe on Canada Day 2023, so we don't forget that "we were owed muffins"... Thanks a lot to all participants.
Oh my, today is a great day!!!!

Congratulations mate!!!!! It's finally, finally your day of glory. So happy for you.

Your "PPR acceptance speech" made me laugh so hard :D :D :D.

I wish there was a way to use multiple reactions on one post.

• Love
Reactions: AlmostThere2
D

Deleted member 1050918

Enjoy guys.

I think I'll use ProfessorKangaroo as my forum name since quite a few cucks stole my beautiful forum name...

we all know the reality of Canada but this guy keep reminding why we shouldn't move to Canada
This is the trait of the weak, RSubZero. Are you weak? We're big bois so we accept realities of life don't we?

• Sad
Reactions: RSub

sg1234

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Congratulations! All people I know who recently filed Mandamus got their PPRs, i guess it really works! Gotta file my own now
I have filed for mandamus and IRCC replied with a memo on the last day of their deadline asking to dismiss it without any concrete reasons lol, they have the time and resources to give stupid replies even to mandamus but no time actually to finalize applications. I guess mandamus doesn't work for everybody even if their application is super old, not sure WTF they are doing.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
That tent worth of space is being rented at 1200$ in Toronto and 1500$ in vancouver.
Reading all these posts about high housing costs, I am constantly reminded that I made a great choice coming to SK (crazy weather notwithstanding). We just bought a house (2 storey, 3 levels, 6 beds, 4 baths, 3 living areas) in the east of regina ("old money: area :) ) for $700k, and the realtor was saying we should wait a few more weeks and it would probably be cheaper.

The icing on the cake is that we also just got job offers from Calgary and the US (remote work) so we get to earn big metro pay whilst in Regina.

All round win. Except for the dreadful weather of course ;).