+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
I have a question this might sound wierd but even a misrepresentation (if it is not taking any chance)
Do I have to update the change of address why can't I change after getting ppr .or send passport through my friend.

Or

I have to go to Canada apply for US tourist visa from there without changing my address. Once I get it I can come back and submit it .

Like Rsub and alligator said if I get pcc I can submit in 3 days .

Please advice.

Last edited:

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
I have a question this might sound wierd but even a misrepresentation (if it is not taking any chance)
Do I have to update the change of address why can't I change after getting ppr .or send passport through my friend.

Or

I have to go to Canada apply for US tourist visa from there without changing my address. Once I get it I can come back and submit it .

Please advice.
You don't have to go outside to change status in USA. File I539 change of status (to B2) while staying inside before April 9th

Reactions: PRANIT01

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020

Or

Please advice.
Country of Residence decides your VO. So you need to be honest in that. I don't think staying in the US on a tourist visa becomes your country of residence. Why take chances? As of now, I believe NDVO is raining PPR's. If you move back to India, better change your address and country of residence. Ottawa is defintley sleeping now.

Reactions: PRANIT01

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Country of Residence decides your VO. So you need to be honest in that. I don't think staying in the US on a tourist visa becomes your country of residence. Why take chances? As of now, I believe NDVO is raining PPR's. If you move back to India, better change your address and country of residence. Ottawa is defintley sleeping now.
If his current VO is Ottawa, I suggest he keeps it that way until he gets PPR if at all possible. The process of moving his file to NDVO may unnecessarily lengthen this process. In the email I received today, it says you can send your passports to any nearest VO.

Reactions: Yodm and RSub

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
If his current VO is Ottawa, I suggest he keeps it that way until he gets PPR if at all possible. The process of moving his file to NDVO may unnecessarily lengthen this process. In the email I received today, it says you can send your passports to any nearest VO.
I am seeing many PPRs from NDVO. Ottawa has been silent since forever. But your point is right. Changing VO's may delay but he has to let IRCC know about the COR. I am not sure if it would be a misinterpretation if he doesn't do it but why take chances with IRCC when they find new ways to reject applications.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020

Please advice.
You gave me an idea. Even I am thinking of leaving the US soon. I wasn't sure what I am gonna do with my stuff here. To much to throw out or donate. Not willing to sell. I think I will also apply for a tourist visa once I leave the US and then move to Canada from India via the US so that I can take all my belonging. Meanwhile, I will store them in the cheapest storage unit in a rural area.

Reactions: Shadow09

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
I am seeing many PPRs from NDVO. Ottawa has been silent since forever. But your point is right. Changing VO's may delay but he has to let IRCC know about the COR. I am not sure if it would be a misinterpretation if he doesn't do it but why take chances with IRCC when they find new ways to reject applications.
Nah, Ottawa has been wayyy more active than NDVO in the recent days. Also your application is not transferred to a different VO just because you change your residence to a different country. The only difference is he has to let them know of the address change so that he can send his passport to NDVO as opposed to Ottawa post PPR. In all likelihood, his application will still be processed by Ottawa.

Jules27

Oct 26, 2019
Actually that is the question US pcc when I checked it will take 5-8 days.
Schedule A I don't think that is complicated
Pof-Have to add some money and get a gift certificate from Dad in 10 days that should work
So in total 10 days maximum of maximum
Are you in the us

Jules27

Oct 26, 2019
Ah good tip, I didn't realize it was that kind of turnaround. If I get another PCC request, I'm doing it that way this time.
make sure you sign up on the fbi website it cost 18 dollars.Fill the form submit and get a code. With that code look up a post office where you can get finger printed.You ll pay another 50 dollars to get you finger print done.It takes less than an our for your certificate to be emailed to you.Also of you want a hard copy make sure you indicate,this arrives in your box with 3 to 5 business days

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
I’ve been seeing quite a few PPRs from Ottawa, specially for late/2020 who did remeds. Some got PPR 2 weeks after adr

D

Deleted member 1050918

4 BEAUTIFUL KIDS :D .
Must be difficult... Luckly lil chaps though for having the chance to live in Canada. Are they young enough to directly apply for citizenship once you've become a citizen? I think they need to be younger than 18 at the time.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Must be difficult... Luckly lil chaps though for having the chance to live in Canada. Are they young enough to directly apply for citizenship once you've become a citizen? I think they need to be younger than 18 at the time.
Difficult but rewarding :) . Oh really, didn't know about the 18 year rule. my first 2 would be way over 18 definitely by the time I qualify for citizenship.