+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1006777

Yep. Some people were memeing with theit 'cec is dead' narrative, and at least some people took that seriously. It's not. CEC will come back before FSW ever does. I'm certain we will have more CEC draws before the end of the year. And TR to PR was also destined to come back, possibly after they figure out their hasty and trash tier implementation of it this year.

If anything, I'm fairly certain FSW is in fact dead, but I naively hold on to hope. Quote this comment later if it turns out I'm wrong. But unless you're PNP or you are planning on studying in Canada, it's wise to give up on moving to Canada. Even if FSW does come back, expect it to be completely deprioritized forever moving forward. 1.5-2 year processing times will be the new normal for FSWs. It's all about buying your way in now for the vast majority of people.

We still have something to hope for if Mendicino and his shit-stained face get promoted and someone marginally better takes his place.

• Haha
Reactions: dankboi
D

Deleted member 1050918

Yep. Some people were memeing with theit 'cec is dead' narrative, and at least some people took that seriously. It's not. CEC will come back before FSW ever does. I'm certain we will have more CEC draws before the end of the year. And TR to PR was also destined to come back, possibly after they figure out their hasty and trash tier implementation of it this year.

If anything, I'm fairly certain FSW is in fact dead, but I naively hold on to hope. Quote this comment later if it turns out I'm wrong. But unless you're PNP or you are planning on studying in Canada, it's wise to give up on moving to Canada. Even if FSW does come back, expect it to be completely deprioritized forever moving forward. 1.5-2 year processing times will be the new normal for FSWs. It's all about buying your way in now for the vast majority of people.

We still have something to hope for if Mendicino and his shit-stained face get promoted and someone marginally better takes his place.
"and is considering expanding the program's eligibility to include refugee claimants, Canada's immigration minister told Reuters on Thursday. "

It's for afghans bro. CEC ain't coming back.

D

Deleted member 1006777

"and is considering expanding the program's eligibility to include refugee claimants, Canada's immigration minister told Reuters on Thursday. "

It's for afghans bro. CEC ain't coming back.
Oh I wasn't referencing the recently shared link. I'm just saying that CEC only draws are normalized now. IRCC knows they're easier and faster to process, and CECs come with an extra $100k into the country. That's not much on the grand scale of things, but it's better than filthy FSWs coming into the country. Between CEC and FSW, it's FSW that risks being permanently stopped. CEC specific draws are here to stay. In what capacity, nobody knows.

btw, that very article says, and I quote "He also said he is considering expanding future versions of the program to include refugee claimants, who get work permits while awaiting a verdict on their claims. "

D

Deleted member 1050918

Oh I wasn't referencing the recently shared link. I'm just saying that CEC only draws are normalized now. IRCC knows they're easier and faster to process, and CECs come with an extra $100k into the country. That's not much on the grand scale of things, but it's better than filthy FSWs coming into the country. Between CEC and FSW, it's FSW that risks being permanently stopped. CEC specific draws are here to stay. In what capacity, nobody knows.

btw, that very article says, and I quote "He also said he is considering expanding future versions of the program to include refugee claimants, who get work permits while awaiting a verdict on their claims. "
You gotta bold the rest too though... "future versions of the program to include refugee claimants, who get work permits while awaiting a verdict on their claims."

Shutting down FSW won't push that many people to buy a silly Canadian degree for $100k though so sure they might try that but they'll see nobody gives a fuck. Many FSWs would turn to EU or not immigrate at all. FSW has been the very single choice for foreign professionals for the past 10 years so people don't even know what other options are out there. Shutting down FSW will force people to look for their options and people will see that EU is far cheaper and better than $100k CEC. So if JT is listening to those uni lobbyists, they're in for an epic fail in 3-5 years.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
You gotta bold the rest too though... "future versions of the program to include refugee claimants, who get work permits while awaiting a verdict on their claims."

Shutting down FSW won't push that many people to buy a silly Canadian degree for $100k though so sure they might try that but they'll see nobody gives a fuck. Many FSWs would turn to EU or not immigrate at all. FSW has been the very single choice for foreign professionals for the past 10 years so people don't even know what other options are out there. Shutting down FSW will force people to look for their options and people will see that EU is far cheaper and better than $100k CEC. So if JT is listening to those uni lobbyists, they're in for an epic fail in 3-5 years.
That's not true at all. A bunch of desperate people will buy $100K tr2pr or cec.

Like I said earlier, Canada had an interest in stopping FSW and pushing people towards becoming CEC or TR2PR, probably an agenda pushed by some lobbyists, as students boosted their economy. Furthermore, with more FSWs converting to CEC, we will see CEC score becoming visibly higher in the future. 400-trend won't last at all with bilingual and IEC folks storming into Canada in 2022.

I've even seen some post-AOR FSW start applying for schools coz they are pessimistic about the outlook of the FSW program...

But yeah I agree, this is a doomed plan... Mendicino really has to go.

KojiGold

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
As long as my IELTS expiry date allows me, I will keep my profile alive. After that, just a big Bye to my Canadian dream. Having no hope is way better than having fake hopes, as when you give up on something you actually start moving on and considering an alternative...But staying hopeful for no reason would just keep you away from taking an actual action...That is how I have wasted a considerable amount of 2021 with all these Youtube videos on good signs, predictions, FSW is just around the corner and blah blah...

And all those people who might be trying to fool themselves by saying that hey Canada has not yet officially announced anything about FSW: Believe me, this behavior of Canadian immigration alone should be more than enough for all of us to reconsider Express Entry. Canada is intentionally ignoring thousands of people for nearly a year now. At the end of the day, each of us is the only person responsible for his or her life. No government would take responsibility for all those wasted time, money and energy.

OneStepAtATime

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
SEA
Category........
FSW
My gf has received a letter of interest fron New Brunswick. Now we have to figure out what to do our primary destination was Calgary :)
Congrats! Seems like everyone's finding other means to get there now, feels like I gotta get down with that too after taking a short break after getting my french results.

Reactions: dxdroid

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Congrats! Seems like everyone's finding other means to get there now, feels like I gotta get down with that too after taking a short break after getting my french results.
We did not really think about it and we did nit consider NB at all. We have to really think about as this means you will have to commit to it for some time

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Yep. "Some people" were memeing with theit 'cec is dead' narrative, and at least some people took that seriously. It's not. CEC will come back before FSW ever does. I'm certain we will have more CEC draws before the end of the year. And TR to PR was also destined to come back, possibly after they figure out their hasty and trash tier implementation of it this year.

"Some people" one is me, feel happy to tag me bruh "dieded cec"

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
"finding other means to get there now"
it's not us doing it. OINP caught me when i lost points the past month, i moved on to plan B 4 months ago. If you want NOI, bring down CRS to just below 468 for oinp and if you have one of their wanted NOC's

D

Deleted member 1050918

That's not true at all. A bunch of desperate people will buy $100K tr2pr or cec.

Like I said earlier, Canada had an interest in stopping FSW and pushing people towards becoming CEC or TR2PR, probably an agenda pushed by some lobbyists, as students boosted their economy. Furthermore, with more FSWs converting to CEC, we will see CEC score becoming visibly higher in the future. 400-trend won't last at all with bilingual and IEC folks storming into Canada in 2022.

I've even seen some post-AOR FSW start applying for schools coz they are pessimistic about the outlook of the FSW program...

But yeah I agree, this is a doomed plan... Mendicino really has to go.
As you said, it's just a bunch of really desperate people (desperate while having $100k lol but yeah anyway). For someone with $100k in cash, EU offers far better options; it's just that people don't know yet, but they will. Yeah they're pushing people away from FSW and what I'm saying is this strategy will blow back.