Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I don't know what happened in 2021 that made IRCC so hopelessly incompetent. In 2020 during peak Covid, they were still working somewhat adequately but this year has been a disaster. I don't know what kind of drugs the minister and all the IRCC employees are taking, the organization completely, totally has gone out of whack. It's as though everyone who worked at the IRCC has been replaced by chimpanzees who are jumping around, pressing all the wrong buttons on the keyboard. Just when you think it can't get any worse, they find something new to amplify your frustration.
I can only wish and pray that they come back to their senses soon.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
I’m surprised they waited till after the election. This is clearly to save face with residents who are complaining about family separation. Might be to help them gain favor with NDP.
This invitation date was announced long before they called for elections

Reactions: scylla

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon !
Can I provide a different ECA # in my eAPR than what was in my Express Entry profile? I have an ECA which was then upgraded to a Course by Course ECA (hence different ref #) and finally it order duplicated to be provided to WES (hence a new date for ECA).
Jumping in to say: the ECA you use for eAPR must be the one issued specifically for Immigration (i.e. IRCC). The course by course one is usually for school/employment and is not valid for the purpose of applying to IRCC. I almost made the same mistake of submitting an updated ECA (course-by-course from WES) that I had made for my university admission. Luckily, I came across a post by someone who's application was rejected based on wrong ECA. Their unfortunate experience saved me from ending in tears.

axmac

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
Liberal immigration department managers alleged to make racist comments

The Government of Canada's Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship department employs managers who make bigoted derogatory remarks about others. An internal report dated June 23 and released yesterday revealing the inappropriate comments was obtained by Blacklock's Reporter.

The report, Anti-Racism Employee Focus Groups, described how the management had “an obvious internal cultural code in operation,” and described the issue as being “so deeply rooted in the organizational culture and in the values of people in power who have held it for a long time and are not likely to change.”

Liberal Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino's department held focus groups with its own employees who self-identified as black, Asian, “mixed origin” and Caucasian, the Blacklock's report said.

While employees said they liked their jobs, which they said made “disappointment and concern about racism witnessed from within all the more emotionally acute.”

Examples cited by immigration department workers, as Blacklock's reported, included:

• referring to cubicles where Black employees worked as “the ghetto”;
  • nicknaming countries in Africa “the dirty thirty”;
  • describing Nigerians as characteristically corrupt and untrustworthy;
  • saying Mexican immigrants “just come here to collect social insurance”;
  • saying “Indigenous people are lazy”;
  • saying “if the natives wanted their land they should have just stood up.”
Other issues raised by employees included managers talking about the “physical appearance of 'Black girls'” and asking to touch black employees' hair. Another example cited was of a manager speaking to employees with Hispanic ancestry and quoting Speedy Gonzales and making “andale” jokes.

The incidents “include but are not limited to micro-aggressions ranging from well-intentioned comments with hurtful impacts to blatantly racist tropes,” the Focus Groups report said.

In the employees' opinion, they did not “believe there are currently any consequences for racism or racist behaviour at the department.”

“There seems to be no lasting accountability for those accused of racism,” the immigration workers concluded.
Welcome, IRCC's new excuse - "Because of rampant racism among our employees, we had to fire half of our staff. So expect a delay in FSW processing. Thankfully, the other half which processed CEC were found to be very very not racist, so we would be processing CEC at full capacity."

Reactions: RSub