+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
You have not for once mentioned 2019 AORs who have all or most stages passed and waiting for finalization. I hope they get their PPRs soon as well
I actually think they're the most hit right about now. Most of the documents on file would have expired; they run the risk of having to do medicals or even collect PCCs again. We 2021 won't have such problems because most of the documents remain valid. I don't envy them right now, except IRCC wants to be lenient and just overlook some of these things - like they've been doing for inland applicants.

Reactions: Jaycejay

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
CB01126 is known to be extremely slow, I hope my application is moved to NDVO soon.
I think the files would be processed fully at the CIO. They will only send to local VO when it's time to issue PPR. Honestly, I just want my file finalized so I can start the next phase of my life.

Reactions: ita_drgen
D

Deleted member 1050918

There are better ways IRCC could have handled this in my opinion. The uncertainty, lack of transparency and inaction from their end fuelled a lot of desperation and we are all dealing with the consequences.
Agreed. The CoPR exemptions should've been put way back, in March 2020. There was the mandatory hotel quarantine, new landing immigrants could've easily been admitted into Canada safely.

Reactions: ita_drgen

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
While I do not condone people breaking rules, the simple truth is a lot of people in the same position would have tried their luck with getting into Canada.

Imagine quitting your job, pulling kids from school and selling all your stuff, then suddenly you hear that cos your COPR is post MArch 18, you cannot travel. You wait for months on end for news but there is nothing but radio silence from IRCC, then someone says people are getting into Canada through XYZ route. In such a situation, is it totally unreasonable for you to try so you can move on with your life?

The whole uncertainty as a result of covid has left people desperate. Travelling for immigration purposes and travelling for leisure are totally different matters.

When most people (not all) take a decision to migrate, it is driven by a present or mid term need/reason. Therefore people would like to plan accordingly, rather than being left guessing like we are all doing now.

There are better ways IRCC could have handled this in my opinion. The uncertainty, lack of transparency and inaction from their end fuelled a lot of desperation and we are all dealing with the consequences.
Totally agreed. It’s easy to criticize people’s actions until we experience what they went through

Reactions: Tristan-XI

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
I actually think they're the most hit right about now. Most of the documents on file would have expired; they run the risk of having to do medicals or even collect PCCs again. We 2021 won't have such problems because most of the documents remain valid. I don't envy them right now, except IRCC wants to be lenient and just overlook some of these things - like they've been doing for inland applicants.
Truly, I feel for them; i hope their mental health is still intact. Stuff like this would have driven me nuts lol

It’s easy to say IRCC owes us nothing but courtesy demands that they use their discretion to wave-off certain requirements for people who have suffered greatly from their lack of communication in the past several months. Even a simple apology and promise to make future communication more transparent will go along way

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
My Medical expired in April 2021. I got a re-med request along with some ADRs including PCC in June. I hope my application has steered clear of this "complexity"

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
My AOR is Jan 2020. My medicals expired in Dec 2020. As per GCMS notes, they have been extended for me till Dec 2021 but not for my spouse. So overall it is still expired. I hope they will extend once the application is about to be finalized.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Truly, I feel for them; i hope their mental health is still intact. Stuff like this would have driven me nuts lol

It’s easy to say IRCC owes us nothing but courtesy demands that they use their discretion to wave-off certain requirements for people who have suffered greatly from their lack of communication in the past several months. Even a simple apology and promise to make future communication more transparent will go along way
With the new document, they could argue that the announcement wouldn't have made a difference since people flouted the restrictions, and they will be right.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
My AOR is Jan 2020. My medicals expired in Dec 2020. As per GCMS notes, they have been extended for me till Dec 2021 but not for my spouse. So overall it is still expired. I hope they will extend once the application is about to be finalized.
They will most likely request for your spouse's medicals again. You can be a step ahead by doing the medicals and sending it to them before they request for it. It will be on file for the officer to make a decision instead of sending a re-med request.

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
It’s easy to blame people that travelled but IRCC caused it.
Till date, people with expired COPRs are still stuck and haven’t gotten visas reissued.
Would you want to wait and go through the same or try your luck?
And if they were serious, why didn’t they turn people back?

Lack of communication and transparency put us in this situation and I hope all stakeholders learn.

I am committing my life to this , putting things on hold (no marriage or trying for kids) the least they can do is tell me what’s going on.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
They will most likely request for your spouse's medicals again. You can be a step ahead by doing the medicals and sending it to them before they request for it. It will be on file for the officer to make a decision instead of sending a re-med request.
There's no need. I'm a single applicant without ny dependents.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
It’s easy to blame people that travelled but IRCC caused it.
Till date, people with expired COPRs are still stuck and haven’t gotten visas reissued.
Would you want to wait and go through the same or try your luck?
And if they were serious, why didn’t they turn people back?

Lack of communication and transparency put us in this situation and I hope all stakeholders learn.

I am committing my life to this , putting things on hold (no marriage or trying for kids) the least they can do is tell me what’s going on.
This is me right now. I can't even get into a relationship because adding spouse is another headache. You run the risk of having your file finalized in 2023 :D