+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

mushymush

Oct 19, 2020
Let's not all jump to conclusions and act like kids throwing a tantrum. Wait till we figure out what Canada is actually doing before throwing a fit. I fully expect Canada to make the worst possible decision, but until they do, let's stay calm. Maybe even after, because ranting on an irrelevant forum won't change shit wrt IRCC and Canada's decisions

slavicgirl

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
I don't think that economies can survive another year of lockdown and travel restrictions. This must also be taken into account when deciding to shut down an entire country again. I really hope that Canada will only request vaccine and maybe PCR test or mandatory 10 day quarantine. I would be so so sad if we didn't get an ITA next year.. fingers crossed for DV lottery then.

Marco Mendicino

Nov 25, 2021
Ottawa
NOC Code......
The omicron bullshit was all about south africa. Last time I checked India wasn't in south africa. Cancelling an India flight shows it so clearly that we're going back to Feb 2021 megadraw mentality. Couldn't expect anything else while MM is directing public safety. This generation of immigrants (if they make it) will never forget MM and JT and how their lives got fucked by these two.
Get yo ass back into the country. Who knows, they might open up a new stream for inlanders depending on how serious this variant is

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I am, Canadians are tried of restrictions. We had lockdowns while the US was open, it was hard, i've lived through most of it except for a few months break. I can tell you that people are sick and tired of lockdowns, and i don't think they will tolerate another one.

ImpatientKangaroo

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2021
I am, Canadians are tried of restrictions. We had lockdowns while the US was open, it was hard, i've lived through most of it except for a few months break. I can tell you that people are sick and tired of lockdowns, and i don't think they will tolerate another one.
They re-elected JT dude I wouldn't get my hopes up. It was clear Canadians didn't learn anything from all that's happened.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
They re-elected JT dude I wouldn't get my hopes up. It was clear Canadians didn't learn anything from all that's happened.
It was because O'Toole ran to the center instead of being an actual conservative option. If you look at his early polling numbers, they were good enough that people actually thought they could win a majority, but as the election went on he ran more and more to the center, so a lot of the people who would have voted Conservative ended up voting PPC. You'll see in the election results the Conservatives lost a lot of ridings by less than the margin that people voted PPC. I'm not saying all of them would have voted Conservative, but i think enough of them would have if he ran with a proper conservative platform that they could have done a lot better, at least formed government.

Also, the lockdowns worked for the most part, we had a pretty free summer here so i think people were grateful, once the vaccination rate went up, things pretty much got back to normal. Even then, the liberals were on the ropes for much of the election campaign. It was O'Toole who squandered the momentum.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Also look at what's going on in the Netherlands and Australia, two countries were people are traditionally very adherent to government regulations. They are rebelling against the lockdowns being imposed.

Everyone has their breaking point. We have to live with covid now, how can we keep locking down society? I supported it for the longest time, but it's clear there is no silver bullet for the virus, even vaccine efficacy is good but doesn't guarantee that you won't get it. So we have to live with it.

Most people who are our age who are already vaccinated are not at risk of adverse effects.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Let's not all jump to conclusions and act like kids throwing a tantrum. Wait till we figure out what Canada is actually doing before throwing a fit. I fully expect Canada to make the worst possible decision, but until they do, let's stay calm. Maybe even after, because ranting on an irrelevant forum won't change shit wrt IRCC and Canada's decisions
RT. Normal people are getting as reactionary. People should just calm tf down and see what happens first

Reactions: RSub