+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

750popfers

Apr 27, 2021
Hello world, quick question here.

I'm a FSW-O AOR September 2019 applicant. If I understand correctly from what I am reading in this forum, medical expiry can be a silent update? Correct?

My immigration agent keeps telling me they will let me know only if they hear an update from IRCC. I can't help myself but keep thinking if they are missing out on these silent updates.

So as a result, I thought of getting GCMS notes. What is the best way to do it?

Note: The contract between me and my agent says I should only get in touch with IRCC through them. Not individually or with someone else.

What do you think?

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Mary Simon, the governor-general hinted that the government will increase immigration levels and decrease wait times during the throne speech. Even though, she wasn’t explicit about this, it’s a positive note that immigration is still taken seriously in the Parliament

highxsky

Nov 18, 2021
Hi everyone!

Golden email just received now (ready for visa email)!
Details below.

Some practical questions for experts:

1) IRCC asks me to notify any family change

I am the principal applicant and will marry my dependent (common law partner) in June 2022.
I intend to land right after the wedding in Canada.

Question: should we notify the Immigration Office of that change, or would you say it is not necessary, as it is already my dependent, thus the family structure doesn't actually change?

2) My medicals still show June 2020 in the application

MED extension was never reflected, though confirmed through webform + GCMS notes.
MED validity went from 24th June 2020 (initial) to 13th April 2021 (extension).
Did upfront MED on 3rd September, informed IRCC through multiple webforms.
My application still shows "24 June 2020".

Question : who can I contact to get information regarding the actual MED validity date (my application is not up to date + IRCC is working on Afghan crisis and does not reply to webforms) ?

Question : is there a way to ensure our upfront MED can be taken into account, or are we "doomed" to have to go to Canada before current MED validity extended date (13th April 2021) ?

Happy to answer any questions regarding my application!

--------

AOR April 2020
FSW Outland (no PNP)
CoR France
Local VO Paris
Canada VO Ottawa
All approved as per GCMS (CPC-O COVID RFV) as of October 2020
Medicals extended in April 2021, never reflected in our application
Upfront medicals on September 2021, never reflected in our application
Multiple webforms since then, not a single reply

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Hi everyone!

Golden email just received now (ready for visa email)!
Details below.

Some practical questions for experts:

1) IRCC asks me to notify any family change

I am the principal applicant and will marry my dependent (common law partner) in June 2022.
I intend to land right after the wedding in Canada.

Question: should we notify the Immigration Office of that change, or would you say it is not necessary, as it is already my dependent, thus the family structure doesn't actually change?

2) My medicals still show June 2020 in the application

MED extension was never reflected, though confirmed through webform + GCMS notes.
MED validity went from 24th June 2020 (initial) to 13th April 2021 (extension).
Did upfront MED on 3rd September, informed IRCC through multiple webforms.
My application still shows "24 June 2020".

Question : who can I contact to get information regarding the actual MED validity date (my application is not up to date + IRCC is working on Afghan crisis and does not reply to webforms) ?

Question : is there a way to ensure our upfront MED can be taken into account, or are we "doomed" to have to go to Canada before current MED validity extended date (13th April 2021) ?

Happy to answer any questions regarding my application!

--------

AOR April 2020
FSW Outland (no PNP)
CoR France
Local VO Paris
Canada VO Ottawa
All approved as per GCMS (CPC-O COVID RFV) as of October 2020
Medicals extended in April 2021, never reflected in our application
Upfront medicals on September 2021, never reflected in our application
Multiple webforms since then, not a single reply
I remember you posted yesterday afraid of the delay. Its nice that april FSW started receiving PPR. Sucks that you did upfront for no reason, since they never bothered to update your file online. I think right now they are giving only a max of 6 months COPR, so even if they took your sept one, you wouldn't gain much longer that if it was till april.

Last edited:
Reactions: ita_drgen

highxsky

Nov 18, 2021
I remember you posted yesterday afraid of the delay. Its nice that april FSW started receiving PPR. Sucks that you did upfront for no reason, since they never bothered to update your file online. I think right now they are giving only a max of 6 months COPR, so even if they took your sept one, you wouldn't gain much longer that if it was till april.
not much but I have a wedding in June 2022, so if I could spare the expense of a back & forth trip before, that'd be great.
Now, if that's difficult, it's not a big deal. One of my greatest dream of the past years is finally coming true (... not my wedding :D)

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
not much but I have a wedding in June 2022, so if I could spare the expense of a back & forth trip before, that'd be great.
Now, if that's difficult, it's not a big deal. One of my greatest dream of the past years is finally coming true (... not my wedding :D)
Unfortunately I doubt your CoPR would last till then, but it will tell you its validity on the passport. Either way, if not, hopefully you'll be stable in Canada, so a quick trip isn't such a pain. Congrats.

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
Dumb question guys - My GCMS notes says primary office is CPC-Ottawa and secondary office - Centralized Intake Office. Where is the application being processed? Notes by the agent is from CIO.

Last edited:

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Dumb question guys - My GCMS notes says primary office is CPC-Ottawa and secondary office - Centralized Intake Office. Where is the application bring processed? Notes by the agent is from CIO.
It’s been processed at the Central Processing Centre- Ottawa