+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

mushymush

Oct 19, 2020
Look, you only said this : "it totally DIDN'T take me 3+ years to make zero progress despite being the top 5% of scores.". Score gets your foot in the door. Besides that, it does nothing. Nothing at all. Getting ITA is easy or atleast it was easy till 2020 beginning. So if you have top score for past 3 years, getting ITA should have been easy for you at least in 2019.

Past 2 years have been difficult for out-side canada applicants. No doubt about it. That does not mean that immigration is getting harder. Its simply pandemic and IRCC's inability to move its arse fast enough. Give it another year, and very likely it will get as easy as in 2019.

Now in terms of processing, TR to PR is a brand new stream on a brand new portal (AFAIK). It has bugs and that gave them the flexibility as a compensation. I mean FSW and CEC are treated equally like shit in terms of how hard the rules are applied on them during processing. Again, once TR to PR becomes a regular fixture (if it does), it will end up being same as CEC and FSW.

Can you say the same till 2019? Before the pandemic hit? Very likely when they will re-start issuing invitation, in 2022, will you still be able to say the same? Exception do not define the norm. The entire pandemic has been a massive exception everywhere.

I am working from home for about 2 years now. It was unthinkable in 2019.
You're literally making my point for me. No it wasnt like this in 2019. I missed the boat (again luck) because they skipped draws and the scores shot up to 470, which was a very high score back then (now it's barely considered passable). I was at 456, which was comfortably above any previous scores. But this wasn't a problem. There was still a points based system, and if I had a better score, I'd get invited. Then they changed the rules without ever officially changing the rules. It will not get nearly as easy as you think.

There has already been an indication that TR to PR will come back, and that again means if you're a student in Canada, you get a free PR. So sure, it's going to be much easier for them. But the for outsiders, direct PR is always going to get more difficult. master's plus 3 years work exp is pretty much getting to be the norm. Throw in a bit of mediocre french to get a few points and get an edge. Meanwhile, Master's plus 1 year of exp was more than adequate until May 2019. May 2019 scores went to 470, then took until September 2019 to get to 457, then they skipped a draw again, and scores jumped again to 465+ (don't remember the exact number here). The average scores were already on the rise even in 2019. The pandemic just supercharged this. In other words, yes, it was already getting more difficult to immigrate to Canada as an outsider before the pandemic.

Again, we don't have to agree. Hopefully you don't need to stoop to nns' level though.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

Champion Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
InshaAllah
Med's Request
InshaAllah
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Passport Req..
InshaAllah
VISA ISSUED...
InshaAllah
LANDED..........
InshaAllah
Let's say Canada decided to stop immigration completely and ride out the economic fallout as a result of this, how bad things can become?
In Canada, a lot of senior people have their wealth locked in their houses and real estate. IF immigrations is stopped completely, capital gain will go negative because there is not going to be any increase in population plus no incentive for anyone outside canada to put money in the real estate. That alone will deal a death blow to people's finances in Canada. Thats cancellation of majority of Canadian retirement. It will be a blood bath.

Reactions: seadrag0n

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Yeah but polls change quickly, and that's just over half, and that doesn't mean that there won't be lower favourability among other political groups too in the future.

I don't think immigration to Canada will ever dip below 150k, but obviously that's a big difference from almost 400k now.

I don't think immigration will ever fall out of favour completely, but the likelihood that people will want to have immigration numbers reduced is certainly possible.

Also with polls you can always find one which says different things, this is a poll which states the opposite for example:
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2021/06/28/canada-immigration-target-poll/
Technically if 39% of them are saying that it's too high, won't the remaining 61% means either they're ok with the number, or they want to raise it.

Alysson

Apr 17, 2019
In Canada, a lot of senior people have their wealth locked in their houses and real estate. IF immigrations is stopped completely, capital gain will go negative because there is not going to be any increase in population plus no incentive for anyone outside canada to put money in the real estate. That alone will deal a death blow to people's finances in Canada. Thats cancellation of majority of Canadian retirement. It will be a blood bath.
Property value kinda needs to go down soon though. It has become the main target for all parties this election. So I think they can't continue to delay actions for this.

GandiBaat

Champion Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
InshaAllah
Med's Request
InshaAllah
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Passport Req..
InshaAllah
VISA ISSUED...
InshaAllah
LANDED..........
InshaAllah
Property value kinda needs to go down soon though. It has become the main target for all parties this election. So I think they can't continue to delay actions for this.
IF Canadian real estate went down by 10% it won't have a single scratch on affordability nor on the capital of the old-timers who are holding houses since 2000s. Trouble is, if it goes down by 50%. And that can happen if there is population contraction in the scenario that there is a complete shutdown of immigration.

When Canadian politicians say, we should correct the house prices, they think about 5-10%. That won't matter if the prices have risen by 50% in past two years. If that is reversed, then almost everyone will be in a world of pain.

Reactions: Alysson

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I saw one of the Potato Talkies videos on YouTube and they said that the real estate owners who normally rent out apartments to new immigrants mainly international students weren't able to do so last year because of border closures so they decided to sell some of the apartments. They bought a 1BR apartment in Kitchener for 450k which was supposedly on the cheap.

GandiBaat

Champion Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
InshaAllah
Med's Request
InshaAllah
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Passport Req..
InshaAllah
VISA ISSUED...
InshaAllah
LANDED..........
InshaAllah
I saw one of the Potato Talkies videos on YouTube and they said that the real estate owners who normally rent out apartments to new immigrants mainly international students weren't able to do so last year because of border closures so they decided to sell some of the apartments. They bought a 1BR apartment in Kitchener for 450k which was supposedly on the cheap.
In canada, rents and prices are kind of divorced. No one buys because they feel rental income is great. They buy so that they can flip it in 2 years or 4 years.

Reactions: seadrag0n

GandiBaat

Champion Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
InshaAllah
Med's Request
InshaAllah
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Passport Req..
InshaAllah
VISA ISSUED...
InshaAllah
LANDED..........
InshaAllah
There has already been an indication that TR to PR will come back, and that again means if you're a student in Canada, you get a free PR. So sure, it's going to be much easier for them. But the for outsiders, direct PR is always going to get more difficult. master's plus 3 years work exp is pretty much getting to be the norm. Throw in a bit of mediocre french to get a few points and get an edge. Meanwhile, Master's plus 1 year of exp was more than adequate until May 2019. May 2019 scores went to 470, then took until September 2019 to get to 457, then they skipped a draw again, and scores jumped again to 465+ (don't remember the exact number here). The average scores were already on the rise even in 2019. The pandemic just supercharged this. In other words, yes, it was already getting more difficult to immigrate to Canada as an outsider before the pandemic.
Look if you have top score today (490+ or 500), in one year you will very likely get an ITA. When, I do not know. If you want an invite RIGHT NOW, I doubt that will happen easily. Give it few months, a top score of 480/490/500 will get you there.

I applied for Canada PR in 2014 but I applied in november under NOC 2172. That year, there was a snow storm in UK and my application package was delayed by 5 days or so. 2172 got over-booked and my application was returned. Shit happens. After that I did not apply in EE till 2021.
Point is, I was good enough in 2014 and I am decent enough (with 475 points) in 2021. If I had to do it all again in 2023, very likely I will be able to do it but I will have to get my wife to get a top score in IELTS.

PRANIT01

Apr 12, 2021
noh, just wondering about the ongoing discussions happening here. I'm out of the loop, past few days I been chillin, sleeping, digging in for ppr folks and drinking.

Lol same happened to me when I opened the forum I saw post related to Canadian politics, I thought JT again called snap election.

mushymush

Oct 19, 2020
Look if you have top score today (490+ or 500), in one year you will very likely get an ITA. When, I do not know. If you want an invite RIGHT NOW, I doubt that will happen easily. Give it few months, a top score of 480/490/500 will get you there.

I applied for Canada PR in 2014 but I applied in november under NOC 2172. That year, there was a snow storm in UK and my application package was delayed by 5 days or so. 2172 got over-booked and my application was returned. Shit happens. After that I did not apply in EE till 2021.
Point is, I was good enough in 2014 and I am decent enough (with 475 points) in 2021. If I had to do it all again in 2023, very likely I will be able to do it but I will have to get my wife to get a top score in IELTS.
If FSW draws happen, I will obviously get an invite. The point is that immigration to Canada is in fact getting more difficult for outsiders, whether you choose to see it or not. And direct PR is probably one of the main reasons anyone even chooses Canada. The scores were already on the rise in 2019, and with the pandemic and Shiticino's crap, will not drop to 2019 levels. Again, shit happens, that's fine. They skipped a draw, scores shot up. Shit happens.

But the problem I have is them breaking their own system and pretending like nothing changed. This isn't about shit happening. This is about bad decision making and shitty politics artificially raising the bar specifically for some people (and making it laughably easier for others) just because they aren't already located in Canada or are already from first world countries (IEC). Immigration is 100% getting more difficult. You're already in Canada so it's understandable you don't see how the immigration landscape is already inaccessible to a large number of people when it was a piece of cake for the same people in 2018.

Reactions: dankboi