+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
we told our family about 1.5-2 years ago about our plans to move to canada, cause at the time it seemed quick and easy.
now we get asked about canada several times a week or even a day, and that is the first question we get asked, when we meet someone,
i am not gonna lie it hurts to hear the question and it hurts more to answer it.
one thing i learned from this express entry experience is not to tell anyone (even family) about your plans when your way too far from the end result.
This is the reason why I kept my mouth shut to my family and friends when I decided that I want to move to Canada.

KojiGold

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
I exactly made the same mistake, when I first came to know about express entry early this year. I kept telling my family that Canada is the only country giving away PR status from day zero to an outlander, how amazing the government is, blah blah blah...

The least I got from joining this thread is to realize that it is not only me who is facing such problems. It might sound weird, but such behavior from Canadian immigration is making me feel like maybe the Canadian people are also not really as welcoming toward immigrants as they want us to believe.

Vidnomenon

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-10-2020
Passport Req..
20-06-2022
Just caught a Ghost update after 9 months and I couldn't see any new message. I guess it's regarding my medicals that expired on the 7th. No email message yet.
I don't think there's an email for that. I got the same update just over a week ago (medicals expired on the 28th of October).

I wonder how long until they revalidate the medicals or ask for a re-med (I'm really hoping for the first option though)

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Many people got this, it is a glitch. Their services were down.
I heard that. But didn't that happen last week? I thought it was related to my medical expring.. anyways not gonna predict the actions of incompetent IRCC.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
From reddit, timeline obtained from the person via DM

FSW-Outland
VO- Manila
Nationality- Philippines
AOR- August 2019

Remed- Jan 2021
PPR- 5 Nov 2021
this applicant didn't post the timeline anywhere, he didn't know we had forums and there is a timeline to the application. found a post seeking suggestions on Canada subreddit about services Canada and accommodations , I DM'd and collected this info. The applicant has a dependent wife and two kids along =D

Reactions: dainte58945

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I heard that. But didn't that happen last week? I thought it was related to my medical expring.. anyways not gonna predict the actions of incompetent IRCC.
I found the Ghost Update: It changed from "January 8, 2021, You passed the medical exam" to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes." (Luckily I had the screenshots of the previous updates)

Previously, I found from my GCMS notes that my Medical had an expiry date of Nov 7th.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
I found the Ghost Update: It changed from "January 8, 2021, You passed the medical exam" to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes." (Luckily I had the screenshots of the previous updates)

Previously, I found from my GCMS notes that my Medical had an expiry date of Nov 7th.
This happened to me around the date of my medical expiry as well ( in Feb 2021). They've since renewed my medicals on April 2021 (till April 2022) as per GCMS notes but nothing is reflected in the portal.

Reactions: RSub

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
High numbers of job vacancies in Canada persisted this past August
Most Canadian job vacancies were in food services, but tech sector reached record high of 61,100 openings

Job vacancies in Canada remained above pre-COVID levels this past August, especially in sectors like food services, health care, and tech.

Statistics Canada estimates there were 871,600 job vacancies in Canada, the highest amount of the year, and a jump from the previous month when 805,500 job vacancies were reported.

“While high job vacancies can be an indicator of growing employment, they can also be a signal of high turnover, labour shortages or mismatches between the characteristics of vacant positions and those of available workers,” the report says.

Job vacancies in professional, scientific and technical services reached a record high of 61,100 in August. This is 66 per cent higher than the number of vacancies in the third quarter of 2019. Employment growth continued in this sector as it was one of the least-affected by public health measures.

The accommodation and food services sector, on the other hand, was still struggling to recover. Job vacancies were at an all-time high. Employers in this sector were actively recruiting for 156,800 jobs in August. As public health restrictions eased, and restaurants could open, employers found it difficult to call back staff or hire new workers. According to the Canadian Survey on Business Conditions, about 42 per cent of business reported they had at least one vacancy higher in August than they did before the pandemic.

Health care and social assistance had nearly twice as many job vacancies in August compared to the third quarter of 2019. There were about 121,300 unfilled positions in the sector, compared with 66,100 in the third quarter of 2019.

Before the pandemic, employment in the health care and social assistance sector had been on an upward trend, in line with the aging population. After the initial shutdown in March 2020, employment in the sector reached a low in May, and trended back up again to surpass pre-COVID levels in February 2021.

Job vacancies for registered nurses, and registered psychiatric nurses increased the most in the second quarter of 2021 compared with 2019. Nearly half of the vacancies for this occupational group were open for 90 days or more.

Labour shortage are nothing new for Canada. Since before the pandemic, Canada has been facing an aging population and a low birth rate.

“Unfortunately because of our aging population, labour shortages are here to stay,” Pierre Cléroux, chief economist of the Business Development Bank of Canada says in a study on Canada’s labour market.

The report offers four reasons for why labour force growth is slowing. Baby boomers are leaving the labour market faster than new workers can replace them. Retirements are expected to remain high until at least 2026. Young people are taking much longer to complete their education and begin their careers. And although immigration helps compensate for the number of people leaving the labour force, it is not enough to maintain labour force growth.

The report says that Canada could add almost two million workers to the labour force if it better integrated youth, immigrants, and offering incentives for older workers to stay, like more workplace flexibility and phased retirement options.