+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

PandaCacahuetes

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
Yes he can, I’m in the same situation, if you added him when submitting your bowp app then he will be under implied status too. I know this cause I have an immigration lawyer friend who helped me with this, I will apply to bowp two days before my wp expires (don’t judge me I will get my third payslip that day). I wish I didn’t have to apply to bowp though :(
Hi there,
Just so you know, they are not being really reactive to issuing work permits lately. according to their website, inland WP applications take currently 93 days to be processed.
I applied for my 2nd BOWP mid september and still no news.
And for having been on implied status for 4 months in 2020 (yup took them that long to issue my first bowp at the time already) know that it s not the best status ever : you can t leave the country, it s a nightmare to keep MSP going and same for your other insurances, and your employer can have trouble paying you because your SIN is desactivated during that time + hr get scared and think you re not allowed to work.

No judgement though eh, do what you can! i just want you to be aware of the risks to applying too late :)

• Wow
Reactions: rWolf

pankyy

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Hi there,
Just so you know, they are not being really reactive to issuing work permits lately. according to their website, inland WP applications take currently 93 days to be processed.
And for having been on implied status for 4 months in 2020 (yup took them that long to issue my first bowp at the time already) know that it s not the best status ever : you can t leave the country, it s a nightmare to keep MSP going and same for your other insurances, and your employer can have trouble paying you because your SIN is desactivated during that time + hr get scared and think you re not allowed to work.

No judgement though eh, do what you can! i just want you to be aware of the risks to applying too late :)
Oh no, I've applied for BOWP last Sept. 28th and still no news. My PGWP expires on Dec. 22nd. Hope we receive these permits or PR soon!

Totodonna

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi there,

yes im aware, luckily my job is comprehensive, and also I don’t have any rush on leaving the country. I have alreadyworked on implied status last year when I applied to pwgp and they replied back after 1 month of my wp expiry date. Thank you though!

ps: i really wish to apply before but finding a skilled job hasn’t been easy. I’ve struggling a lot to find one full time skilled job to sponsor my husbands wp. It’s tougher for us married applicants.

Last edited:

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
well I got that email twice at the exact same time: one for my RP and one for my BOWP and nothing changed on my BOWP application. I don t know what to do with this information but now you have it too :)
Just curiosity as mentioned above :)

looks like this email really meant nothing to some people..

Ahmed H

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I am so disappointed; my AOR is Sep 19 2020. Visa office: Ottawa. I don’t know our application isn’t touched :( … all of my friends applied in 2021; their applications are finalized. So down

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
I am so disappointed; my AOR is Sep 19 2020. Visa office: Ottawa. I don’t know our application isn’t touched :( … all of my friends applied in 2021; their applications are finalized. So down
Same is happening to me.. keep congratulating friends who applied months and literally a year after me, and wondering what's really going on behind the scenes. I think we are stuck with the same officer who is either extremely slow or may be not working at all!

Pratik65

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
same here March 2020 FSW inland no updates yet

Deepa52

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
Applicant study permit: Getting expired
Spousal Open Work Permit: Getting Expired
Applicant Passport: Getting expired
Medical: Getting expired

Wait for COPR: Seems like its forever

FSW inland with inland dependent;
According to last GCMS ;
eligibility not even started;