+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From USA to Canada illegal status in the U.S

Discussion in 'Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration' started by racik, Feb 7, 2008.

  1. Hello,
    I have just one question. If somebody lives in the U.S illegaly for more than 5 years, can he or she submitt an application for skill worker? Is there a problem if canadian government finds out the illegal status in the States?
    Can somebody please tell me.
    Thanx a lot
  2. If you were originally admitted to the U.S. for at least 1 year, then you can apply from the U.S. It has to be for a full year - it can't be a 6-month period that was extended, for instance.

    If you were not admitted to the U.S. for at least 1 year, then you have to return to your home country to apply.
  3. I am a GC holder, its for a friends of mine. They got here 10 years ago and still in the states illegaly since then, but they would like to immigrate to Canada, is there a chance to be approved?
  4. I also have a friend who was admitted in to the US on a holiday visa and stayed 6 years... will this be an issue?
    Now applying from their home country, How would they go about getting a police certificate from the USA?
    Do finger prints from the FBI need to obtained?
  5. if by holiday visa you mean visitor (B-1) no, they can't apply through Buffalo they have to do it from their home country

    They should not have a problem getting the police certificate they dont check your immigration status as long as they dont have a "record". They can try their local U.S. Consulate or Embassy. They usually can provide that service for a fee.

Share This Page