+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4- Personal Effects Account

camus1973

Nov 12, 2008
Need advice/tips for filling in this form. There is only space for 6 items on the form- so obviously multiple forms must be printed. I have around 15-20 boxes which are coming later- of books, clothes, crystal, china, shoes and household items. Does one have to write out an exhaustive list? I have my moving inventory, is that ok or do i need to print it all out onto form B4? any advice wouldbe appreciated, as I have too many items I am bringing into canada. thank you.

C

cchabert

I was waiting to ask the same question later, hope somebody help here :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cchabert said:
I was waiting to ask the same question later, hope somebody help here :)
1. The B4A is the continuation sheet of the B4 http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4a.pdf
2. For low value items, x boxes of books, x books of kitchen utensils x boxes of used clothing. Electronics serial no. list separately, jewelery (expensive) should have valuation and pictures, especially if in goods to follow.

PMM

C

cchabert

So we need to fill the B4A instead of print our excel file with all our stuff??

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cchabert said:
So we need to fill the B4A instead of print our excel file with all our stuff??
A list is a list is a list, it really doesn't matter how you list your goods, as long as you list them in a similar fashion to the B4.

PMM

camus1973

Nov 12, 2008
i think it's a tedious chore. how does one write the candian dollar value for smthg one purchased years ago or months ago? if i have a box of fifty shoes how does one write the value for that? so tedious.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

camus1973 said:
i think it's a tedious chore. how does one write the candian dollar value for smthg one purchased years ago or months ago? if i have a box of fifty shoes how does one write the value for that? so tedious.
What are used shoes worth, basically nothing. Just pick a number out of the sky.

PMM

Kevin2234

Mar 6, 2008
Form B4 is for the goods you are bringing with you at time of landing...(that is why there are only 6 spaces to fill)
Form B4A is the list for the goods which are coming later (list of imported good= good to follow list

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Kevin2234 said:
Form B4 is for the goods you are bringing with you at time of landing...(that is why there are only 6 spaces to fill)
Form B4A is the list for the goods which are coming later (list of imported good= good to follow list
Actually they are the same form, the B4A is the continuation if you look in the middle of the B4 you will see a check box, if it is for goods to follow.

PMM

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
camus1973 said:
Think Ebay value when you are guesstimating how much things are worth. Its only for statistical purposes anyway. One thing, when you land, make absolutely sure the customs officer signs an stamps your B4 and any attachments. Mine didn't and it caused a world of hurt when I tried to bring in goods later.....

luvcanada

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think excel sheet is perfectly ok if we organize in B4 fashion with serial number, value of the item etcetera. do we required to take picture of jewelery?

Bonzworld

Aug 16, 2010
can any one help sending a sample complete filled out B4 from so that it will help friends who are planning to land.

C

cchabert

The form is self explanatory, when you get to the part of your items just write "See attached list" Then you do the list on Excell and use the same colums as the forms, if you are making 2 list (one for your items taking with you and the ones with your belonings coming late) don't forget to add both list in one total and bring 2 copies with you.

Welcome to Canada!

AlanWales

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-09
File Transfer...
04-08-09
Med's Done....
15-06-09
Interview........
Not required.
Passport Req..
12-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-09
LANDED..........
09-01-10
Bonzworld said:
can any one help sending a sample complete filled out B4 from so that it will help friends who are planning to land.
This was my goods to follow list.
As you can see, I just did approx amounts and guestimates for prices. For clothes and stuff, I had no idea and the customs officer gave me figures, they were well over what I was taking, but it is better to overestimate, rather than underestimate

charkei

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Dipolog City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2010
AOR Received.
08-03-2011
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
07-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2011
LANDED..........
21-01-2012
Hi could anyone send a sample filled copy of form E677. Thanks. :) I have a hard time filling out these foms.