+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Engineers

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
Hi,

I am asking on behalf of my friend. He is a civil engineer from Australia with many years of experience and now wants to work in Canada. To be registered as a P.Engineer of Canada, does he have to sit any exams? Or is the degree and experience between Australia and Canada is bilateral?

Simon,

mjekov

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
15-05-2009
Passport Req..
01-06-2009
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2009
LANDED..........
06-11-2009
In which province he wishes to be registered? Some of the provinces has a little bit different rules.

maccuet

Aug 22, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 Sep. 2011
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
22 Oct. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Interview........
Waiting
mjekov said:
In which province he wishes to be registered? Some of the provinces has a little bit different rules.
Sir

I have B.SC in Civil Engineering degree from Bangladesh. Since last 4.5 years I'm working in Dubai with different construction company. Now I am planning to move canada with Quebec immigration process. Do you advise what is the requirement to work as Civil Engineer in Canada ?
Do I need to go for study? how long is it? or some ministry exam only.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Mahadi
Dubai

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
maccuet said:
I have B.SC in Civil Engineering degree from Bangladesh. Since last 4.5 years I'm working in Dubai with different construction company. Now I am planning to move canada with Quebec immigration process. Do you advise what is the requirement to work as Civil Engineer in Canada ?
Do I need to go for study? how long is it? or some ministry exam only.
Check this first:
http://cicic.ca/684/Civil_Engineers.canada?noc=2131

A story to Share:
One of my cousins is a Civil Engineer from BUET. He worked in Roads & Highways of Bangladesh (Govt) for 2~3 years and was also involved in Jamuna Multi-purpose Bridge. Then he immigrated to Edmonton, AB in FSW category in 2000-01 period. As any other, he tried to seach for jobs but failed. He moved to Montreal, QC a year later and tried there as well. He "wasted" 2/3 years trying his luck. Then he did his Masters from Concordia University (Montreal). His first job in Canada was in Calgary, AB as a Project Manager. He worked there for a year and then came back to Toronto, ON for doing construction/development business. Now, he is working as a Senior Project Officer in Department of Transportation (Govt) in Yellowknife, NWT. He was also offered a good job in California, USA at the same time he got this Canadian offer.

Moral of the story is: Be prepared to do further/higher studies
&
Don't expect to get a job right after landing just becasue you've foreign experience

mike.fahed

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus (CSQ)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2010 (CSQ) / 20-04-2013 (Federal)
Doc's Request.
Nothing
Nomination.....
Interview 26-02-2013 Istanbul - CSQ RECEIVED
AOR Received.
08-02-2011 (CSQ) / 26-06-2013 (Federal)
IELTS Request
Not Asked
File Transfer...
01-10-2013 (Romania EP00102XXX)
Med's Request
01-10-2013
Med's Done....
13-11-2013
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
One day..
Rossei said:
Check this first:
http ://cicic.ca/684/Civil_Engineers.canada?noc=2131

A story to Share:
One of my cousins is a Civil Engineer from BUET. He worked in Roads & Highways of Bangladesh (Govt) for 2~3 years and was also involved in Jamuna Multi-purpose Bridge. Then he immigrated to Edmonton, AB in FSW category in 2000-01 period. As any other, he tried to seach for jobs but failed. He moved to Montreal, QC a year later and tried there as well. He "wasted" 2/3 years trying his luck. Then he did his Masters from Concordia University (Montreal). His first job in Canada was in Calgary, AB as a Project Manager. He worked there for a year and then came back to Toronto, ON for doing construction/development business. Now, he is working as a Senior Project Officer in Department of Transportation (Govt) in Yellowknife, NWT. He was also offered a good job in California, USA at the same time he got this Canadian offer.

Moral of the story is: Be prepared to do further/higher studies
&
Don't expect to get a job right after landing just becasue you've foreign experience

Thank you for the moral.