Upfront on 30-07-2015
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
23-05-2016
Hi guys,

I noticed that there are a few changes recently made on PCC requirements, and wondering how these changes will be handled by CIC with regards to applications currently in process.

For example, I submitted my application to CIC in the end of August 2014 with all the PCCs from the countries I've lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18. Tanzania (Zanzibar to be precise) was one of the countries I lived for more than 6 months so I obtained the certificate and included it in my application.

The thing is, as of April 20, 2015 the requirement for obtaining Tanzanian PCC appears to have changed quite a bit. If you take a look at the following link, it says that if you lived in Zanzibar, you will now have to request Zanzibar-specific PCC from the authority in Zanzibar. This was not the case last year when I requested my Tanzanian PCC. The instruction on the website at that time, was to send my request with necessary supporting documents to the authority in Dar es Salaam. At the time I submitted my application, there was no differentiation between the PCCs for former residents of Zanzibar and those lived in the Tanzanian mainland.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/africa/tanzania.asp

So my question is, when things like this happens, i.e. when a requirement for obtaining PCC changes significantly for one reason or the other, would CIC ask for a new copy of PCC? Or would they just proceed with what I've submitted?

Has anyone here, especially seniors and experts who've already gone through the immigration process, encountered any issues like this when you're undergoing the immigration process?

Any insights would be helpful. Thanks!

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
As a rule of thumb they usually process the applications with the rules applied before or when the application was accepted.
In your case there is no solid answer! They might ask for a new PCC or they will just process the application under previous rules.

It's highly unlikely that they ask for the new ones but since they never asked for your PCCs and you submitted them with your application yourself, leave a little buffer for them to ask you for a new one.

All the best mate,

roberto_hongo

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront on 30-07-2015
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
23-05-2016
rezafc said:
As a rule of thumb they usually process the applications with the rules applied before or when the application was accepted.
In your case there is no solid answer! They might ask for a new PCC or they will just process the application under previous rules.

It's highly unlikely that they ask for the new ones but since they never asked for your PCCs and you submitted them with your application yourself, leave a little buffer for them to ask you for a new one.

All the best mate,
Thanks for your insights.

Yeah, it really doesn't make sense for them to ask for a new PCC, especially when I've never returned to Tanzania after I left.

I'll see what happens...